Are you seeking to join an organization that has Revolutionary Ideas that are transforming the long-term care industry?
If so, Signature HealthCARE LLC. is the place for you! Signature is opposing the status quo and bringing about a radical transformation in attitude, quality care and quality of life. We are taking a stand and restoring dignity, compassion and trust.
We are currently recruiting for a Housekeeping staff for our Bluegrass Care & Rehab facility in Lexington, KY.
Position: PRN-as needed
Clean resident rooms and other interior and exterior facility areas under the supervision of the Environmental Services Director. Assist in maintaining a positive physical and psychosocial environment for the residents.
Work will be performed primarily indoors at a long-term healthcare facility, throughout all areas, including in resident rooms, and on carpeted and/or tiled floors. Work will also be performed routinely around other co-workers, healthcare staff, residents, and guests. Due to the nature of facility’s business, worker may be exposed to occasional slippery floors, object on floors, chemicals, sharp objects, hazardous materials and waste (including human), blood¬ borne pathogens, and communicable diseases, as well as high-stress medical and/or life threatening situations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Meet physical and sensory requirements stated below, and be able to work in the described environment.
- Identify and participate in process improvement initiatives that improve the customer experience, enhance work flow, and/or improve the work environment.
- Assist in maintaining a facility that is neat in appearance and odor free at all times.
- Follow a regular schedule of all daily, weekly, monthly, seasonal, and annual cleaning requirements.
- Clean (including vacuuming, wiping, mopping, polishing, etc.) rooms, offices, and common areas; polish and straighten items; confirm residents’ rooms are safe, comfortable, and maintained in an attractive manner and residents’ personal items are safeguarded.
- Coordinate daily housekeeping services with nursing services when performing routine cleaning assignments in resident living and/or recreational areas.
- Dispose of garbage daily in accordance with facility established sanitation procedures.
- Clean up spills, soiled areas, and other conditions as observed or directed.
- Follow special cleaning schedule such as windows, walls, curtains, stripping floors, washing beds, etc.
- Maintain a cleaning cart fully equipped with needed supplies.
- Assist with transferring residents’ belongings, (bed, furniture, etc.) from one room to another.
- Extensive cleaning of the resident's room upon discharge or death of a resident.
- Report any damage of walls, floors, furniture, equipment etc. to supervisor.
- Pick up cleaning supplies for next day's work at the end of the shift.
- Follow cleaning schedules as outlined in Housekeeping Policies and Procedures.
- Maintain work area free of hazardous conditions, i.e., spills, excessive supplies, equipment, etc.
- Maintain work and storage areas in a clean, neat, sanitary and safe condition.
- Properly clean and store all equipment and supplies.
- Other special projects and duties, as assigned.
Physical and Sensory Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED required or equivalent related work experience.
- Willingness to perform a variety of simple repetitive tasks, many of which will involve unpleasant conditions.
- Practical knowledge of day-to-day cleaning in a long-term care facility.
- Effective verbal and written English communication skills.
- Highest level of professionalism with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of organization and work well within a team environment in support of company objectives.
- Customer service oriented with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize, coordinate and simultaneously maintain multiple projects with high level of quality and productivity.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, take initiative and make independent decisions.
- Ability to deal with new tasks without the benefit of written procedures.
- Approachable, flexible and adaptable to change.
- Function independently, and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with stakeholders and vendors.
o Push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of fifty (50) pounds to a minimum height of three (3) feet and be able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of fifty (50) feet.
- Moderate physical activity:
o Standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
o Bending and/or stooping for more than one (1) hour at a time.
o Assist with cleaning up spills and waste (including human).
o Repetitive gripping of trays, mops, vacuums, etc.
Signature HealthCARE LLC. - 2 years ago