PPG: BRINGING INNOVATION TO THE SURFACE. PPG Industries' vision is to continue to be the world's leading coatings and specialty products company. Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company. Founded in 1883, PPG has global headquarters in Pittsburgh and operates in more than 60 countries around the world. Sales in 2011 were $14.9 billion. PPG shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: PPG).
For more information, visit www.ppg.com.
PROCESS ENGINEERING ASSOCIATE
PPG Aerospace is the world's leading supplier of aircraft transparencies serving worldwide markets with the full range of product designs. In addition, PPG Aerospace produces a line of specialty transparencies using related technologies including an aircraft "Repair Business" which refurbishes damaged windshields to like new condition and automotive ballistics. Manufacturing is a complex, job-shop environment in which simultaneous production is in progress on hundreds of product designs using a wide variety of complex technologies. Products are produced in relatively low volume and have very high unit value. New product introductions occur continuously.
Safely and effectively manage process & product optimization and material development to ensure that Aircraft Product's manufacturing performance improvement objectives are met or exceeded and customer requirements are satisfied.
1. Safety, Health & Environment - Provide a safe work environment to minimize injuries and health concerns to employees while ensuring adherence and compliance with applicable regulatory agencies and product safety standards/policies. Personal involvement and leadership support in the planning and execution of plant safety process including, safety focus teams and ergonomics improvements.
2. Quality/customer - Support a culture within the manufacturing operation which embraces the principles of the PPG quality improvement process ensuring the complete definition of product and process requirements and conformance to requirements as they impact customers and suppliers, both externally and internally. Advocate advanced product quality planning, reduction of variation process capability and structured problem solving techniques. Ensure that technical issues, which impact delivery performance objectives, are anticipated and addressed effectively.
3. Manufacturing Performance Improvement - Manage & drive the process of improving manufacturing performance by way of improvements in process technology/capability, improved process performance, enhancements in tooling/setups/materials and the definition/evolution of standard work. Ensure an effective balance in accomplishment including analysis and rapid response to performance trends, rapid support of improvement workshops as well as forward-looking process and technology development efforts.
4. World Class Manufacturing - Sustain the engineering and technical support necessary in transforming the business to a Lean Enterprise. Develop the rapid response, creativity and technical depth required to support a lean manufacturing system. Understands the sources of variation and inconsistency in manufacturing and leads the implementation processes to eliminate them. Applies the principles of Lean Enterprise & Sigma Logic, developing a more nimble/responsive process flow.
5. Process & Capital Improvements - Ensure that processing technology/capability is appropriate with current and future requirements of current and future customers.
6. Personal Growth - Continue personal growth and development technical effectiveness and promotional readiness through involvement in appropriate on and off job developmental activities.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
The successful candidate;
is responsible for driving improvements or developments associated with the product and processes in a work cell.
must have a comprehensive working knowledge of manufacturing systems and technology, product design or related experience commensurate with the complexity associated with the PPG Aerospace manufacturing environment.
is ultimately responsible for improving the products, processes and technological capability work cell and is also jointly responsible for overall plant manufacturing performance.
must support and be knowledgeable in the Lean Enterprise & Sigma Logic process. He/she must support the transformation in technical capability required within the aircraft products technical community.
will have priorities including reduction of setup time, lot size reduction, variation reduction and an overall improvement in process capability and consistency.
will lead the effort to ensure that processing technology and capability is developing at the rate required to support the transformation to flow production.
must demonstrate technical leadership abilities.
The position requires a college degree in an engineering or scientific discipline and minimum of four (4) years of experience within engineering or an equivalent environment. Experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
PPG prides itself on the quality of its employees and as such, candidates who receive a job offer will be required to successfully pass a hair drug/toxins test and a background check.
PPG Industries, Inc. offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. An Equal Opportunity Employer.|
PPG Industries, Inc. (PPG) is a global supplier of protective and decorative coatings. The Company operates in six segments: Performance...