The International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) is the leading global network dedicated to communication professionals. Established in 1970, IABC serves members in 80 countries and a wide variety of industries. This vibrant, diverse network enables our members to make a bigger impact at work, uncover opportunities in the hidden job market, enhance their skills, and expand their social network. Our products, services, activities and networking opportunities help members and organizations achieve excellence in communication.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The IT Specialist is responsible for IABC technology infrastructure, including guidance and strategy on servers and databases, IABC Web properties, and collaboration tools, including the organization's main CMS, Sitecore, and secondary web properties in WordPress and HTML. The ITW Lead works with both internal staff and offsite contractors to determine strategy and deliverables and keep all core structures and channels running at their potential. The role reports directly to the Executive Director of IABC and will partner and collaborate closely with the leadership team and is a key contributor to the overall strategies and goals of IABC.
Lead IABC's digital strategy and manage implementation to meet the needs of members through effective digital outreach and solutions, online communication channels, and other digital platforms and social media.
- Work with onsite staff and existing contractor network to manage the information ans electronic communication needs of the organization in a cost-effective manner.
- Provide general digital thought leadership, training and support across the organization.
- Ensure effective evaluation and reporting of all digital outputs.
- Ensure compliance with relevant accessibility requirements and other regulatory concerns.
- Project Management using collaborative tools including Google Docs, Enterprise Project Management technologies, etc.
Own IABC's digital presence and personality with the goal of making the user experience friendly, effective and engaging across cultures, time zones and job functions.
- Provide back-end support on Sitecore CMS, including working knowledge of .NET web development, C#, ASP, SQL Server, and Sitecore 7.0. Understanding of database technology, CSS and design principles is a plus.
- Enable and support digital content strategy development, ensuring a balance of editorial, visual and interactive content across devices, platforms and technologies (mobile/web/applications).
- Help train onsite staff on maintenance/updates of online properties.
- Help update and troubleshoot other Web technologies, including existing WordPress, PHP and other database-driven or HTML properties.
- Responsible for partnering with existing contractors to ensure consistent, effective management of Chapter and Regional websites
- Manage the implementation of acquisition channels to drive appropriate audiences to relevant pages, content, career, event information and tools.
Has joint responsibility for the organization's presence in social media networks along with Communications/Marketing.
Relationship management – Manage staff expectations and responsibilities effectively to ensure high-performance, accountability, teamwork and open communications in the quest to achieve IABC goals.
- Manage technology and integrations between IABC Web properties and social media/online marketing channels.
- Provide guidance on effective use of new channels and integrate technology as appropriate.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Entrepreneurial spirit with bias for action/results
- Change agent – desire and ability to inspire and drive change
- Technical Expertise in required online mediums, especially Sitecore CMS and related Web technologies
- Proven ability to manage complex stakeholder relationships
- Experience in a similar role at a senior level
- Significant digital experience, preferably in the corporate and 'association' sector
- Experience running a public facing website of significant size, with an emphasis on marketing and information, while optimizing social media to engage existing and new online audiences
- Broad knowledge, skills, and experience across the complex digital ecosystem
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent trouble shooting experience
- Successfully managed third party agencies to deliver services on time, in budget and to the right effect
- Strong financial management skills
- College degree or equivalent in related discipline; master's degree preferred
- Office environment.
- Occasional travel, evening and weekend work hours
idealist.org - 13 months ago