Business Unit: Terminix
Title: Commercial Sales Professional/Sales Representative-4600
Location: CA- San Diego - 2155
City: San Diego
Postal Code: 92123
Functional Area: Branch Services
Branch Number: 2155
Requisition Number: 835487
First Open Date: 02/09/2012
Post Date: 02/09/2012
Description: An Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer – AA/EOE/M/F/D/V
The primary responsibilities of the Commercial Sales Professional are to develop, maintain, and expand business opportunities among local, regional, national, and existing client base assigned to each CSP.
Conduct inspections to identify infestations or conditions conducive to infestations of insects, birds, or other vertebrate pests, for the purpose of making proposals and presentations to secure commercial sales contracts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sell pest control protection to business and industry customers.
- Establish and maintain access to accounts through account management by phone or personal visits based on accounts assigned to each CSP.
- Generate sales leads and coordinate inspections, proposals, and contract negotiations.
- Compile list of prospective clients for use as sales leads based on information from direct mailing, target accounts, trade shows, business networking events, and other resources.
- Develop sales programs and strategies for regional accounts.
- Prepare appropriate specifications and treating instructions in accordance with existing laws, regulations, and company standards.
- Execute contracts on behalf of the company, observing company policy as to credit terms of sale.
- Develop a strong alliance with local sales branches and management
- Initiate and pursue collection effort on delinquent accounts of personal sales contracts.
- Maintain contact and perform assurance inspections to ensure customer satisfaction and retention.
- Upgrade contracts when possible.
- Develop and maintain an integrated business plan which illustrates local market opportunities and pull-through efforts for all sales branches they are aligned with.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are respresentative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Degree preferred in addition to at least two years of outside sales experience
- Commercial sales experience with proven year-over-year record for successful development and growth of a territory
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as chemical labels and safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organizations
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Licenses/certificates as required by federal, state, or local regulations
- Maintain a valid driver’s license
- Immediately report to management any loss of required license.
- Exposure to personal computer office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint presentation)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talks or hears. The employee is frequently required to walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus
The environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in high, precarious places. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, extreme heat, and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Terminix - 2 years ago
Terminix has set its sights on destroying your bug problem. Terminix offers pest control services for termites and a wide range of bugs and...