Sterling Computers Corporation is a Federal Systems Integration Company and Value Added Reseller (VAR) with a track record of sourcing, deploying and maximizing performance with industry leading technologies. As one of the nation's fastest growing systems integrators and VARs, we have the partnerships, access to technology, training and certifications to plan, integrate and manage large-scale, mission-critical IT programs. Our 50+ subject matter experts deliver the latest technologies and advise customers on best practices within the most demanding and highly-classified environments. We deliver the best value in professional services, while offering unmatched skills, experience and certifications.
Sterling Computers has an exciting opportunity for a well-qualified individual to become part of the team as a Systems Engineer 2 located at Offutt AFB, NE. The candidate selected for this position must be a US Citizen and have an active Secret security clearance.
The Systems Engineer will be responsible for performing multiple engineering activities including trade studies, project planning, design analyses, operational concept definition, requirements derivation and traceability, cost-benefit and life cycle cost analyses (including Cost-as-an-Independent Variable (CAIV)), risk analyses, performance modeling and simulation, system build plan creations, vendor purchase coordination, system test plans, procedures, objectives, and scenarios development, security engineering analysis, and specialty engineering. The Systems Engineer will also be responsible for managing projects and risks within a dynamic environment to include management of staff resources, budget, and overall integrated schedules. Activities include evaluating current and future system architectures and defining the evolution of the future client enterprise architecture.
- B.S. Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related Engineering discipline
- U.S. citizenship and DoD Secret security clearance
- 2 years experience in Systems Engineering life cycle
- 2 years of Project Management experience to include Resource, Budget, and Schedule management
- Demonstrated leadership and teaming skills with large and small project implementations
- 1 - 2 years of systems analysis and design experience, to include virtualization technologies
- 1 years of software engineering fundamentals and technologies experience
- 2 years of security engineering experience to include STIG, SRR, and DIACAP/NIST familiarity
- 2 years of server, storage, database, and networking technologies experience
- 2 years of UNIX (Solaris, AIX, or Linux) server operating system experience
- Experience working with customers to document, derive, and develop requirements
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and proactively adapt to change
Sterling Computers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or applicable local law.
- Demonstrated Linux RHEL, RHEV, or VMWare experience
- Demonstrated experience with Cross Domain Solution Certification and Accreditation and Information Assurance
- Proven, strong systems architecture background
- Familiarity with Agile software development processes
- CMMI, AS 9100 and ISO 9000 process development experience
- Previous system administration or software engineering experience
- W orking directly with customers onsite at their facility
- Active Secret or Top Secret security clearance
Sterling Computers - 2 years ago
Sterling is an award-winning Federal Systems Integration Company and Value Added Reseller focused on hardware, software, and technology...