Raytheon Applied Signal Technology (RAST) is a diversified intelligence and defense company that develops systems to provide integrated sensor and signal processing products in support of intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance.
Our Sunnyvale, CA, engineering team has a need for a software engineer to integrate and test software applications in support of advanced high-capacity systems that process modern high-speed communications signals for the US intelligence community.
The highly qualified candidate is a self-starter, has excellent written and verbal communication skills, and works effectively and collaboratively in a team environment. She/he has a strong work ethic and is flexible and adaptable in order to respond to mission critical needs as they arise. The successful candidate will work in areas including system and network administration, software installation and configuration, and virtualization. As needed, the candidate is able and willing to travel to perform work at customer facilities. The candidate may have direct interaction with customers and must represent the company in a professional manner. The candidate may also generate briefings and must be able to present material clearly to team members, customers, and RAST management as necessary.
Examples of Work:
-Develop and generate software test data
-Develop software scripts to automate tests and as troubleshooting tools/utilities
-Research and analyze telecommunications, network and packet protocols; apply this knowledge in integration and testing of protocol processing software
-Develop and document test requirements, plans, procedures, results
-Execute test procedures; troubleshoot and debug software defects
-Install, configure, and deploy software products
4+ years of experience in Linux/Unix system administration
2+ years or equivalent experience of software development in C/C++
Ability to attain TS/SCI clearance
Required Education (including Major):
- MS CS, CE, or EE or equivalent
- Direct experience in software product development on Linux/Unix platforms
- Programming in Python, Perl, Linux/Unix shell or equivalent
- Familiarity with various open source projects and applications
- Knowledge of Red Hat and/or Fedora Linux
- Automated test and test design
- Working knowledge in 3 or more of the following: network administration (IP Addressing, DHCP/DNS, Gateways), Puppet, PXE, file systems, SNMP, security, network storage (SAN/NAS), virtualization, telecommunications/data communications protocols and signals
- Software configuration management tools (e.g. Synergy, Subversion, Clearcase); and developing and executing software product build processes
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- BS CS, CS, or EE or equivalent
Raytheon ("light of the gods") took a shine to its place in the upper pantheon of US military contractors; the company regularly...