The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for implementing and managing the company sales, marketing, and distribution objectives within a geographic territory using a relationship driven sales approach.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
• Develop and implement a sales account program for new and existing accounts across American Seating Company’s current and future customer base within the assigned territory.
• Develop annual selling objectives in conjunction with the overall company’s sales plan to enhance sales growth, overall account penetration and development of the market
• Identify and interpret customer requirements and provide technical (consultative) assistance to customers in the selection, application, installation and operation of products
• Implement proactive promotional programs, sales initiatives, and selling processes to successfully penetrate assigned accounts
• Meet and communicate regularly with Supervisor to set sales objectives, sales programs and review accounts and progress toward monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets
• Report regularly on sales forecasts, order activity, stages of negotiations, pricing levels, new market and product opportunities, and competitive threats
• Keep informed of significant market and industry trends, and competitive positioning in relation to these trends
• Create, maintain and manage key customers, buying influencers and manufacturer’s representative relationships
• Continue developing sound working knowledge of all present and future American Seating Company products and services within the portfolio and their application to various vertical markets and segments
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field
• Minimum 5 to 7 years of successful related sales experience with increasing account responsibility, increasing revenue goals and increasing product portfolio responsibility
• Proven experience in sales management of independent representatives as a critical aspect of sales coverage and revenue growth
• Strong background in facilitating collaborative meetings and developing strategic working relationships with architects, designers, facilities managers, corporate account groups, purchasing executives, building contractors, and property managers
• Ability to manage all aspects of the sales cycle from negotiations to close
• Highly developed written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills are essential
• Proficient computer skills, including a utilization of a customer contact software package
• Quantitative skills required.
• Microsoft Office.
• Knowledge of selling, general marketing and product development.
• Exceptionally well developed interpersonal and communication skills, including presentation skills and the ability to handle critical issues.
• Ability to apply managerial and supervisory skills.
American Seating Company - 9 months ago