PeaceHealth is looking for an outstanding NURSE MANAGER to join our team! This is an Full-Time, Day Shift position.
The Nurse Manager is responsible for leading, coordinating, directing and controlling all activities and personnel for 24-hour nursing operations on a nursing unit(s).
1. Demonstrates compassion, respect and caring while working within the scope of Registered Nurse practice to provide individualized, safe and efficient care to patients with an interdisciplinary team and assistance to their families and visitors.
2. Responsible for 24-hour day-to-day operations of unit: supervision of personnel; staff performance and patient outcomes; staff procurement and retention; financial wellbeing; regulatory compliance; and patient care.
3. Responsible for annual goals and objectives for the department and identifies, assesses, and responds to issues and problems which affect ability to meet goals/objectives.
4. Responsible for managing staffing levels required to provide optimum patient care within the limits of available resources.
5. Delegates and coordinates responsibility for completion of departmental projects, tasks, and activities.
6. Evaluates work performance and conducts annual performance assessments.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Graduation from an accredited school of nursing required.
2. BSN required or actively enrolled in coursework to obtain within three years.
1. Minimum of three years of management or supervisory experience preferred.
2. Work experience which demonstrates progressive leadership responsibility i.e. in Charge Nurse or supervisory role.
3. Demonstrate competence in area of expertise.
1. Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing.
2. Certification in clinical area and membership in related professional organization preferred.
3. Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
4. ACLS may be required.
1. Strong problem solving, decision making and time management skills.
2. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
3. Proficient in use of computer including MS Office applications.
4. Financial and budgetary knowledge and experience.
At PeaceHealth, we carry on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering, and treating each person in a loving and caring way. The fulfillment of this Mission is our shared purpose. It drives all that we are and all that we do. Caregivers of PeaceHealth embrace the spirit of these words and share our commitment to Exceptional Medicine and Compassionate Care, and are willing to learn and grow as a member of the PeaceHealth family.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
To learn more about PeaceHealth, please visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn !
PeaceHealth - 11 months ago
PeaceHealth provides patients with a tranquil place to recover. Make that several tranquil places to recover. PeaceHealth serves residents...