This position reports to the Quality Manager, and ensures that outbound material meets all functional, mechanical, electrical and cosmetic specifications as identified in the test procedures using various functional test and inspection tools and methods. Feedback with engineering, quality and production personnel to resolve quality issues is critical. Can reproduce defects and explain them in written form in an electronic database.
The ideal candidate will have attention to detail and can grasp the intended use of ultrasound equipment.
• Unpackage and setup outbound ultrasound systems and accessories for test.
• Categorize failures by defect code and data entry into the Datasweep data collection system of all inspection and test results clearly describing the failure mechanism.
• Reproduce nonconformities as needed to demonstrate understanding of product failures and communicate to engineering and quality management.
• Work closely with the Test Engineering to improve the test capability and inspection process, while striving to improve quality and reduce cost through communication and problem solving, tracking nonconformance causes and participating in work area meetings.
• Responsible and accountable for carrying out the requirements of the company's quality system.
• 2-year technical degree or related functional test experience.
• Working knowledge of & ability to use cosmetic criteriaby visual inspection.
• Strong PC skills including using custom test software and Excel spreadsheets and general MS-Office products.
• Experience in medical electronics industry preferred.
• Experience with Data Collection System (Datasweep) and quality system (Agile) or equivalent.
• ISO, FDA training and experience.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Self directed, attention to detail, team oriented.
• Highly organized
• Driven to succeed in a dynamic, fast moving environment
• Able to lift 25 lbs regularly without accommodations
SonoSite is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.