The Business Systems/Support Analyst will meet with internal business owners and various other team members throughout our business to obtain requirements and information about scope of work and processes currently used within our business. The position will require complex to semi-complex studies and evaluations of our organizations’ systems, procedures, operations, and other aspects associated with internal and external product and/or services to our customers. The analysis of work will result in simplifications and measurement studies, and to prepare documentation to assist management in making decisions to improve organizational effectiveness and efficiencies. This position is subject to both direct and minimal supervision and guidance, and requires independent work or as part of a team, to produce accurate and timely results in accordance with organizational timelines. This position will have some supervisory responsibility to direct and manage the work products of a junior/associate level Business Support Specialist or other team members in WFM.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Responsible for evaluating and capturing business requirements and translating information into formats and data sources that assist the organization with decisions and meeting goals and objectives of WFM
• Conduct planning, research, and analysis of qualitative and quantitative information
• Organize information gathered on scope and procedures that affect organizational change, communications, information flow, integrated production methods, and cost analysis
• Process information gathered, develop solutions and options and methods that support courses of the organization should consider for implementation
• Document findings of studies and analysis, and prepare recommendations for implementation regarding organizational changes
• Confer with business owners to ensure successful implementation of approved policies, procedures and business operations
• Coordinate work priorities and assignments with business groups and sections to meet goals and objectives of assigned tasks
• Provide advice to senior management regarding improved business methodology, assessment and improvements
• Review and write reports for proposed implement approaches for accomplishing and meeting assignments
• Work independently with little supervision
• Work successfully in small groups, to include business users, project managers, technical staff and management
• Be an agent for change that improve effectiveness and efficiencies to the organization
• Other duties as assigned
Leadership - Demonstrate personal leadership in all aspects of work, lead by example, and take demonstrate strong personal accountability and ownership. Ability to develop business cases for specific initiatives; understanding business impact and be able to model impact of technology on business process. Ability to lead cross functional teams, work with internal and external vendors
Time Management - A strong commitment to meeting deadlines and commitments, a good understanding of all tasks needed to complete out an assignment, and manage those tasks effectively to meet commitments
Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations
Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem
Communication, Oral and Written - Ability to communicate effectively with others using spoken word and by writing clearly and concisely
Conceptual Thinking - Ability to think in terms of abstract ideas
Innovative - Ability to look beyond the standard solutions
Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task
Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace
Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures
Judgment - The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information
Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems
Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions
Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field of study or equivalent education, experience, and training may be substituted for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis.
Sr Analyst- Three (3) years of experience in a business environment; to include six (6) months to one year of analytical experience. Advanced education in business or related field may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
Analyst- One (1) year of experience in a business environment; to include six (6) months to one year of analytical experience. Advanced education in business or related field may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
Certificates & Licenses: Certification of Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA) or Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP)
Other Requirements: Ability to excel in a fast-paced and complex environment with multi-projects, tight deadlines and high customer expectations.
Please complete the online profile and application to be considered for this position. Contact Karri Wiggers, Talent Management Agent, at (907) 564-1242 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Department: Workforce Management
Location: Anchorage, AK
Closing Date: Open until filled
ALASKA COMMUNICATIONS IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Alaska Communications Systems - 17 months ago