Would you value the opportunity to gain a wide range of production and publishing experience at a top custom media company? Want the chance to work on award-winning custom media projects and programs?
If so, then TMG wants to hear from you. We’re looking for smart, creative, organized, and motivated individuals who want to learn from experienced professionals and get real-world print production and publishing experience.
This is a great opportunity to gain the hands-on experience and skills you need to build a career in custom publishing. This is a paid internship, 20-25 hours per week.
- Assisting Print Project Managers with various daily administrative responsibilities.
- Hands on execution of production tasks such as working in InDesign, creating PDFs and uploading files to a web portal, downloading files from a web portal and logging them in and out.
- Entering billing information into an Excel spreadsheet.
- Monitoring projects throughout internal process to meet time-sensitive schedules.
You’ll be exposed to a highly organized print project management team, a results-oriented group whose members think on their feet, switch gears quickly and are great at multi-tasking. They coordinate the in-house work of art directors, graphic artists, prepress specialists, writers and editors; the team also works closely with many printers around the country.
TMG is the kind of company where everyone tackles tasks that are often above but sometimes below our respective skill sets, and you’ll be expected to do the same. So be ready to roll up your sleeves and jump right in! We aim to cultivate our interns’ skill set across the business spectrum through hands-on learning experiences, interaction with senior management and work-related projects. Graphic design or related majors are encouraged to apply.
- Great attitude, positive work-ethic, and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be enthusiastic, motivated, and reliable.
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator; and Microsoft Office.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Professional/academic recommendations
- Juniors (current rising seniors) or recent college graduates (2011/2012)
- Based in Washington, DC
tmg - 2 years ago