Amazon is currently seeking an Oracle Database Administrator to build and support database solutions in our Product, Search and Marketplace Management organization. Our DBAs are supporting and designing the database solutions that power Amazon's massive Item and Offer Catalog as well as Product discovery. With Amazon merchants adding millions of new items and offerings every week, our systems will test your technical depth and grow your engineering skills.
The ideal candidate will have experience with large-scale, massively concurrent and highly available distributed Oracle 11G systems. To be successful you will need to not only manage the daily operations of these databases, but also engineer new and novel solutions to improve availability, performance and supportability.
- Ownership of operational stability for existing Oracle instances.
- Work closely with business owners to ensure best possible resource utilization while ensuring system performance
- Work with development teams to translate logical data model to physical data model
- Design and produce on engineering efforts to ensure operational excellence across the fleet and Amazon as a whole
- Research, test and lead in the adoption of new technologies and approaches that improve database performance, stability and resource utilization
- Regular after hour oncall duties within a team rotation
eCommerce Platform Services”
- 4 or more years of industry experience as an Oracle DBA
- Expert level knowledge and experience with Linux environments
- Expert level knowledge of SQL and performance tuning
- Hands on experience implementing and supporting Oracle FSFO
- Track record of engineering performance and availability solutions.
- Track record of managing large number of databases.
- PL/SQL experience good to have
- Scripting languages is a plus
- Perl/CGI would be an advantage.
Amazon.com - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...