Lyon Manor Nursing and Rehab Center in Rock Rapids is now recruiting a Director of Nursing to join our team. This full-time salaried position offers competitive salary and health benefits. Candidates will have long-term care experience and strong leaderhip / communication skills; Previous ADON or DON experience is a plus!
We offer consultant support in all areas including nursing, human resources, medicare, compliance, dietary, finance, & more!
Authority is delegated to the individual in this position to:
- Assess resident needs and interview, hire and terminate adequate nursing personnel.
- Set resident care standards in accordance with accepted current standards of care to provide high quality care
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for nursing care of residents.
- Supervise and manage all aspects of the nursing department.
- Assess, direct and supervise residents’ care needs.
- Cooperate with administration to assure efficient, cost-effective operation of the facility
Position reports to: Administrator
Position Supervises: Nursing staff
- Current registration and licensure in the state of Iowa as an RN. Must be in good standing with the Board of Nursing.
- Current, valid CPR certification.
- Familiarity with Federal and State long-term care regulations and laws.
- Work history in long-term care setting and gerontological nursing.
- Functional Literacy in written and spoken English.
- Management and supervisory skills.
- Proficient interpersonal relationships and communication skills.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Complete assignments timely, completely and accurately.
* Strong Nurse Consultant Support
* CEU Assistance
* BSN Tuition Assistance / Reimbursement
* IHCA Membership
* Health Insurance (3 Plan Options)
* Dental & Life Insurance
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Short & Long-Term Disability
* Matching Retirement Plan (Immediately Vested)
* Vacation, Holiday, & Sick Pay
* Anniversary Bonus & Birthday T-Shirt Programs
* Direct Deposit
Care Initiatives is committed to providing quality transitional health care and serving Iowans with compassion, dignity, and respect.