The Care Transitions Coordinator is a clinical liaison position between health care providers to ensure continuity of care for patients transitioning from a facility to home care or hospice environment. The position has two separate and distinct general responsibilities: (1) following the receipt of a valid referral for home health or hospice services, directly communicating with and assessing the patient to improve the patient’s transition from the inpatient to the home setting; and (2) developing the referral relationships of the agency within the community, in accordance with Amedisys policies and procedures.
1) After a patient has selected Amedisys as his or her health care provider, the Care Transitions Coordinator visits the patient onsite to review the physician order, assess the patient’s clinical needs and gather clinical information. The Care Transitions Coordinator uses a Point of Service computer application to collect referred patient data onsite and transmit it to the agency. The Care Transitions Coordinator also facilitates patient involvement in his or her own care by providing education and obtaining the necessary information required for successful transition to home.
2) The Care Transitions Coordinator is also responsible for ensuring the patient has a physician and obtains an order from that physician to oversee the home health plan of care.
3) Face to Face documentation must also be noted in Point of Service computer and communicated to appropriate care center.
4) The Care Transitions Coordinator is also responsible for establishing, growing and maintaining relationships with facility-based referral sources, in accordance with Company policies and procedures, by both communicating with existing referral sources and identifying new opportunities.
5) The Care Transitions Coordinator has a strong focus to help reduce ACH 30 day -hospitalizations.
1. RN strongly preferred. LPN, PT, OT are considered in some cases (with a current, active, unencumbered license in the state of service);
2. 1+ years previous experience assisting patients through the continuum of care and the transition from hospital to home care.
3. Current CPR certification
4. Competent organizational skills;
5. Ability to handle stressful situations/deadlines;
6. Excellent oral/written communication and interpersonal skills;
7. Must demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with all members of the health care team;
8. Demonstrates desire to work in a marketing role; and
9. Ability to forecasts needs and set priorities.
10. Proficient in computer-based skills. Must have working knowledge and practical application experience with general office computer systems (i.e. Microsoft Excel), internet, email, desktop navigation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Amedisys' philosophy, "Taking care of your loved ones as we would our own," has guided our growth into one of the nation’s leading home health and hospice care organizations. With Amedisys, you’ll be part of a culture focused on delivering the care that’s best for our patients, whether that is home-based recovery and rehabilitation after an operation, care empowering them to manage a chronic disease, palliative care for those with a terminal illness, or hospice care at the end of life.
The health care industry is changing; at Amedisys we’re developing a new model of care that not only reduces preventable hospital readmissions and saves money, but provides convenience, compassion and customized service for every patient. We believe we can do that by focusing on quality care, improving technology and efficiency, and hiring employees who care not just with their hands and head, but also with their heart.
Our people are our business; Amedisys invests in you throughout your career with industry-leading educational benefits, including free clinical continuing education and tuition assistance. And our career ladders program lets you map out your professional development and advancement opportunities, helping you build a career, not just a job.
We offer competitive salaries and one of the best benefit packages in the industry:
401 (K) plan with employer-matching contribution available for all employees
Health, dental, vision insurance
Flexible spending accounts and wellness discount programPaid time off and 8 paid holidays
Employee Stock Purchase Plan available to full and part-time employees
Employee Assistance Program
Tuition reimbursement program
The decision to join the Amedisys team is a decision that is rewarded on a daily basis by the difference we make in the lives of our patients and their families.
Acct Mgr/Care Transition Coor
United States-West Virginia-Parkersburg
Amedisys, Inc. - 30+ days ago
Amedisys' philosophy, "Taking care of your loved ones as we would our own," has guided their growth into one of the nation’s...