Software Developer - C++/Perl - TEMPORARY
Location: WA - Renton
Employment Type: Temporary
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Software Developer - C++ / PERL - TEMPORARY to join our team. Only local candidates need apply. There is no relocation assistance for this position.
Launched in 2002, Magic: The Gathering Online is the official online edition of the world’s most popular trading card game. Magic Online allows players to collect and trade virtual cards, build the perfect deck and find opponents at all skill levels – all from the comfort of their own homes. For more information on Wizards of the Coast and Magic: The Gathering Online, visit www.wizards.com.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
Support the definition, design, implementation, and deployment of software solutions within the Software Development team, in alignment with Business goals and objectives.
Other software developers, Software Development Management, QA, Project Managers
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities:
- Implement rules and card functionality for the Magic Online server.
- Perform Magic Online client development as needed to support new rules functionality and other new features.
- Help develop tools to support ongoing development efficiency, such as unit testing harnesses.
- Other software development tasks as assigned
- Solid grasp of Magic: The Gathering rules.
- A working knowledge of C++ and C#.
- A working knowledge of perl, including regular expressions.
- Basic familiarity with both Windows and Linux build environments.
- Ability to work within a source control system.
- Highly motivated self-starter with attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 2+ years working with current-generation languages and platforms or equivalent coursework.
- Object-oriented design experience.
- Commitment to industry standard code practices and literate programming style.
- Experience working with build tools such as automake and autoconf or Microsoft Tools such as Nant and Visual Studio.NET.
- Experience with unit testing frameworks and unit testing methodologies.
- Experience working with source control systems such as Perforce (preferred).
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server a plus.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people
- Positive, can-do attitude a must
- Initiative and self-starting attitude a must
Office environment, able to work on computer or phone for long periods of time.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
J2W Posting Code: Wizards of the Coast
Business Unit: Wizards - Corporate
Hasbro Inc. - 16 months ago
Hasbro, Inc. (Hasbro) is engaged in providing children’s and family leisure time and entertainment products and services, including...