Pentair is 30,000 employees strong. We work around the globe to deliver industry leading products, services and solutions for our customers’ diverse needs in water and other fluids, thermal management and equipment protection. Our inventive thinking, collaborative spirit, disciplined work ethic and breadth of experts allows us to deliver inspired solutions for a changing world. Through our capabilities as a company, our innovative products and our Win Right values, we have the opportunity to define a clear and compelling role for Pentair in the global community.
Business Unit Overview
Pentair’s Flow Technologies GBU is a global leader in mid-to-large fluid management products and applications. The business delivers a range of products from the world’s largest flood control pumps to sophisticated fire and HVAC pumps and products in the municipal, industrial, and commercial markets. Pentair Flow Technologies brands include Myers, Aurora, Hydromatic, Fairbanks Nijhuis, and Delta Environmental.
Create new parts or assemblies, and/or revise existing parts or assemblies in 3-D SolidWorks package. Receive work assignments from the department manager and receive technical assistance from engineering personnel as assigned by the department manager.
Job Requirements & Skills
ESSENTAIL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Develop new parts in 3-D SolidWorks software package effectively and efficiently under the technical guidance of an engineer or existing standards.
- Revise existing parts in 3-D using the SolidWorks package effectively and efficiently under the technical guidance of an engineer or existing standards.
- Work closely with Manufacturing and Marketing to improve product cost and delivery.
- Make every effort to keep up to date on the latest software release.
- Work closely with the SolidWorks Documentation Manager to ensure that the computer files are properly maintained and organized.
- Ensure that all other activities normally associated with the work of design is done on time and efficiently such as the creations of ECN’s, advanced casting releases, BOM creation, drawing checking, and data input into JDEdwards or SAP business system platform.
- Under take other assignments covering such areas as cost reduction, product improvement, and product safety as required.
- Actively participate in the SolidWorks meetings bring to the meeting improved procedures in developing parts, assemblies, etc.
- Associate degree in drafting or engineering technology, or equivalent experience
- SolidWorks training equivalent to the course work of Introduction to SolidWorks, fundamentals of 3-D design. Training exemptions will be considered on an individual basis in consideration of experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Solid Model Creation:
- All solid feature creation techniques such as: protrusion, cut, round, advanced round, chamfer, hole, shell, draft, cosmetic, swept blend and variable section sweep
- Feature creation by pattern and copy
- Ability to use and create UDF’s and Library Parts
- Effective use of datum construction features
- Simple relationship creation and the ability to manipulate relations on master models
- Family table creation and the ability to manipulate family tables on master models
- Solid feature creation through the construction of basic surface features
- Understanding and manipulation of Parent/Child Relationships
- Demonstrated proficiency in Drawing Creation:
- All types of view placement and manipulation
- All types of detail creation, such as, dimensions, symbols, geometric tolerances, surface finish, weld symbols and notes
- Assembly drawing creation including BOM manipulation and balloons
- Demonstrated proficiency in basic assembly techniques:
- Component manipulation by placement, pattern, family table, interchange, skeleton and layout
- Assembly merge technique for casting feature creation on machine parts
- Demonstrated proficiency with basic design automation tools
- Capable of simple family table, skeleton model and layout techniques
- 1000 hours of work experience with SolidWorks Software in a design/engineering environment.
Pentair is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pentair - 11 months ago
Pentair is pumped about water! Water & Fluid Solutions, the company's largest segment, manufactures water flow and filtration...