****This position is contingent upon contract award.****
RTSC is currently seeking a Lead Systems Engineer to act as our senior technical representative to support design, installation, training and testing. The Lead Systems Engineer (LPSE) will lead the project’s engineering lifecycle of requirements development, design, integration, installation, Quality Assurance (QA)/Quality Control (QC), verification testing, and validation of the surveillance and communications systems that are to be installed and evaluated. The LPSE will also lead the configuration management program to ensure proper and adequate system design documentation is developed and stored in the technical library. Efficient configuration management should facilitate the LPSE’s responsibility to obtain technical acceptance of project systems from DTRA and GoHKJ standards. The LPSE will be responsible for the development and review of subcontractor statements of work and technical performance. The selected candidate will be assigned to the Engineering Directorate in our Indianapolis office but will also travel overseas to the Middle East.
* 10+ years of relevant engineering experience.
* Performs high-level technical analysis, configuration and engineering project work, specification analysis and software design with limited supervision within the scope of assigned responsibilities.
* Develops, plans, designs and/or integrates systems which involve the application of engineering knowledge from all engineering fields including electrical, electronic, mechanical, computer technology, software and database.
* Supports all system engineering processes including cost, resource and schedule management.
* Prepares and presents various engineering related documents and reports to the customers.
* Manages the technical performance of work assigned to the department.
* Maintains current operational status information and assessments on projects, budgets, and development plans.
* Evaluates and makes adjustments in procedures or reassigns priorities to projects/tasks as needed to keep all activities on schedule and within budgetary limits.
* Provides a highly responsive work relationship with colleagues.
* Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Bachelor's degree (BS/BA) in Systems Engineering.
* Ability to develop and test surveillance and communication systems.
* Ability to adapt to changing requirements and conditions to meet project objectives.
* Experience with broadband, narrowband, satellite, and mobile radio technologies.
* Ability to plan, organize, and schedule.
* Experience in modeling and simulation as well as coverage analysis.
* Effective technical writing.
* Personal computer skills (e.g., MS Office products)
Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Technical Services Company LLC (RTSC) headquartered in Dulles, VA has nearly 10,000 employees and 2010 sales of $3.4 billion. RTSC provides a full spectrum of technical, scientific and professional services to its defense, federal, international, and commercial customers worldwide. It specializes in training, logistics, engineering, product support, and operational support services and solutions for the Mission Support, homeland security, space, civil aviation, counterproliferation and counterterrorism markets. RTSC operates on all seven continents. RTSC customers include all branches of the U.S. Armed Forces, NASA, the Federal Aviation Administration, the U.S. National Science Foundation, Department of Energy, the Defense Threat Reduction Agency, the Transportation Security Administration, and other agencies of the Department of Homeland Security, as well as international governments.
Raytheon - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Raytheon ("light of the gods") took a shine to its place in the upper pantheon of US military contractors; the company regularly...