The Health Unit Coordinator (HUC) coordinates the day to day activities of the nursing unit. The HUC directly/indirectly inputs the patient outcomes and care provided to patients/families/significant others.
last five years (exceptions: RN, LPN, nursing students who have
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Satisfactorily completed a medical terminology course within the
completed one clinical rotation, or medical terminology course >
five years old with documented current use of medical terminology,
or two years experience as a HUC in an acute care setting).
working knowledge with Windows 95.
- Basic computer knowledge (data entry). Must have demonstrated
as excellent verbal communication skills.
- Typing proficiency of a minimum of 35 words per minute.
- The candidate should possess strong organizational skills as well
- Prefer previous PCT experience.
The Health Unit Coordinator is specifically responsible for:
requested by the medical staff.
- Coordinating and processing of therapeutic and diagnostic orders
- Coordinating unit activities involving requisitioning of supplies
physicians, patients, patient families, visitors, support staff
- Coordinating communications of the nursing unit.
- Acknowledging all customers to the nursing unit including
and other department personnel and assisting them as needed.
- Maintaining confidentiality of patient and unit information.
- Prioritizing multiple tasks and independently organizing assigned
Miami Valley Hospital - 2 years ago
Don't go to Florida looking for this hospital! Miami Valley Hospital (MVH) is an acute care facility serving the residents of Dayton, O...