Patient Advocate-Full Time
MEDS, a leader in patient advocacy, is seeking Patient Advocates to join our team in Hartsville, SC.
The Patient Advocate will coordinate activities to ensure that Medicaid, Social Security, County Indigent or other types of eligible funding for health care services is received for patients onsite at a local hospital. This includes assisting the patients and others to complete forms, applications and other paperwork.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collect and review patient information to determine patient’s eligibility
- Prepare documents; review for accuracy and completeness
- Provide technical assistance on agency issues, services, program(s)
- Maintain and/or create files or record keeping systems. Sort, label file and retrieve documents or other materials.
- Ensure adequate documentation is maintained.
- Manage caseload.
- Computer proficiency skills are required.
- Retrieve, sustain and communicate all designated reports.
- Maintain database.
- Develop and retain professional relationship with hospital staff.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Degree preferred but not required
- We are seeking professionals who are compassionate about helping those in need.
- Previous experience working with Medicaid and/or in a medical office setting is helpful.
- Must have the ability to maintain and respect confidentiality and HIPAA guidelines
- Must be highly effective in working objectively with a diverse group of people and must demonstrate communication, organizational, administrative and time managerial skills.
- Must be able to self-direct the work.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Excellent benefits package including:
- Life and Disability
MedProperties Holdings, LLC is a real estate private equity fund sponsor whose discretionary investment funds are dedicated exclusively to...