Purpose: Provides management with financial information by researching and analyzing accounts; assist in the preparation of financial statements .
- Assist in the preparation of consolidated financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments.
- Develops financial and managerial reports to analyze data and assist management in decision-making; responsible for the verification of information presented to management.
- Responsible for the preparation and of general ledger entries.
- Assist in the preparation of accruals, general ledger review, and bank reconciliations.
- Assist in the development, revision, and implementation of accounting procedures.
- Research and interpret data to answer accounting and financial questions.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Prepare and analyze Balance Sheet and P & L accounts
- Responsible for the preparation of Wine and Spirits Tax Return.
Experience: Minimum of 2+ year’s financial statement preparation/analysis.
Skills: Strong PC Skills – Excel Required and Mas200 a plus.
Other: Overtime required to meet deadlines.
Accountability: Directly accountable to the Accounting Manager.
One of the biggest beer purveyors in the New York City area, Manhattan Beer Distributors caters to more than 25,000 accounts from five...