Want to help revolutionize one of the fastest growing and potentially biggest online industries with innovative ideas that can create a superior online experience compared to walking into a physical store? How about building one of the fastest websites that customers have ever seen? The Javari team is looking for super talented engineers to build a compelling differentiated high-class customer experience both on the PC and mobile via the latest web technologies such as HTML5 and Spring MVC. Moreover, we're looking for engineers who also have a passion for building scalable systems that support us worldwide, as we continue to expand Javari internationally past Japan, United Kingdom, Germany and France.
As a senior software development engineer, you will be asked to help lead and mentor other engineers in designing and delivering new systems which will allow our site to scale to support a massive product selection, multiple countries and multiple development teams to innovate independently. We're looking to you for providing vision and solving problems unique to our industry and creating new features that the industry has not seen before. We're looking for someone who is entrepreneurial and likes to wear many hats and work in a highly collaborative environment that mirrors more of a startup than a big company.
Our team is part of the Amazon Retail Customer Experience organization which also owns the vast majority of the website features that you see on Amazon.com. We have all the benefits of being part of Amazon but get to operate as a separate site with greater autonomy and speed as if we're a start-up.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 2+ years experience in building scalable, highly performant, ecommerce systems.
- Candidates must be self-directed, demonstrate leadership potential and be team players.
- Strengths in coding, data structures, algorithms, Object Oriented design and designing for performance, scalability, availability, and internet and OS security fundamentals.
- Be able to thrive in a fast paced, high energy and fun work environment where we're agile (i.e. Scrum) and deliver value incrementally and frequently
- Experience with building scalable distributed systems and highly performant web services.
- Experiencing mentoring and leading a medium size team of software development engineers
- Spring MVC experience is a plus.
- Linux/Unix and Shell Script experience preferred.
- Masters in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience managing other software development engineers.
- Experience with search/personalization/data mining technologies.
- Experience launching an entirely new website end to end.
Amazon.com - 13 months ago
Amazon.com is an American international multibillion dollar electronic commerce company with headquarters in Seattle, Washington, United...