The ESPN Mobile team is responsible for supporting a diverse collection of mobile products including downloadable mobile applications across all major platforms, mobile games, messaging (SMS/notifications), mobile web sites, mobile TV and mobile video.
This position is responsible for the technical architecture and development of significant, immersive iOS applications at ESPN. This position reports to the Sr. Manager, Mobile Technology, in the Mobile Product Development organization, and will work in concert with a cross-functional team of Product Managers, Designers, Engineers and Editors to create and manage the industry’s best mobile sports experiences.
This position is hands-on development and technical design, though with ample opportunity to influence product design and specifications. The ideal candidate will have several applications they’ve contributed to in-market and in use by consumers. Ideal candidates will also have a track record of leading development and as a platform expert. Candidates should have expert-level understanding of the iOS platform, SDK components, and tools such as Xcode and Instruments. They should have expert understanding of concurrency and multithreading along with a sound understanding of HTTP.
• Understanding of HTTP and interacting with REST-style web services.
• Provide training, guidance, mentoring and leadership to technical personnel on the iOS platform
• Lead the development of multiple downloadable applications
• Work with Product Managers, Designers, Engineers and Editors to define new product requirements, features, and functionality
• Author specifications, technical design documents, and support/troubleshooting guides
• Provide support and maintenance for deployed ESPN products and/or manage third parties providing these tasks
• Lead the technical analysis and evaluation of new technologies and product enhancements.
• Recommends technical decisions for frameworks, and design patterns.
• Minimum of 6 years of work experience, preferably with a consumer-oriented company developing highly-immersive client/server content-centric products
• Expert understanding of iOS including iPad, iPhone, and iPod and SDK version differences
• Experience writing technical specs and driving them through development
• Strong communication skills
• Manage multiple, complex projects within a short development cycle.
• Ability to operate effectively in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
• Must demonstrate solid organization/communication skills.
• Familiarity with Android, Microsoft Windows Phone 7/8 or BlackBerry 10 platforms
• Passion for sports!
• BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related computer science degree
ESPN, Inc. The Worldwide Leader in Sports, is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment company featuring the broadest...