To deliver world-class healthcare for a community exceeding 600,000 people, WellStar is more than 11,000 strong to meet the health demands and needs of our communities. With five unique hospitals, over 1,000 beds, and a strong Physicians Group, WellStar has become a shining example of what’s possible when talented, passionate people dedicate themselves to making a difference in the industry and in the communities we serve.
Join the team named one of the Top 100 Companies by Working Mother Magazine!
WellStar’s Medical Group is growing, which means wonderful career opportunities for you! We have a need for someone to work as a Referral Coordinator at Douglas Internal Medicine. The ideal candidate will need to be customer service driven, energetic, and a team player! This is a very important position for the practice as you will be responsible for coordinating all referrals, verifying insurance eligibility, obtaining consult reports and scanning records for the practice. Overall responsibilities include:
· Coordinating with providers and clinic staff on referrals and tests ordered
· Communicating with patients on appropriate next steps, contact information for specialists and procedure/testing facilities and insurance requirements
· Obtaining patient’s scheduled place, date, and time of appointment, then the appropriate referral and/or pre-certification approval and documentation from insurance companies either on-line, fax, or over the telephone
· Facilitating clear communication to specialists and other facilities; this may include scheduling patient appointments when necessary, keeping updated contact information (i.e. business cards) for specialists and their participating insurance plans
· Tracking urgent referrals or tests to ensure we receive documentation back from those specialists and facilities
· Requires a high school degree or equivalent.
· Prefer 2-3 years clerical experience a physician practice.
· Understanding of insurance plans and the referral process required.
· Computer skills essential. Medical terminology including coding needed (CPT-4, ICD-9, and HCPCS)
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Thank you for your interest in WellStar.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
With WellStar in your corner, you won't need to wish upon a star for good health and wellness. The not-for-profit WellStar Health...