" Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? |
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Manages the day-to-day activities and develops the overall competence and performance of the marketing workforce through delegation of work and focus on management activities including recruiting, selecting, training, motivating, rewarding, coaching, managing conflict, and generally managing the performance of marketing executives. Analyzes data and reports in order to monitor tour flow and team/unit performance. Develops, recommends, and implements solutions to increase the number of tours generated. Builds and maintains relationships with sales management and the sales force. Communicates marketing strategies and solutions to the sales force.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED, or 2 years of equivalent work experience; minimum 2 years experience in a similar position
Successful Candidates Will Be Willing To:
- Proficiency in reading and writing English (additional language required for certain positions)
JOB SPECIFIC TASKS
- Work in close contact with the general public in sales and marketing situations that require strong communication and customer service skills
- Demonstrate openness to adapt to different cultural contexts based on location
- Travel 20% to 50% of the time
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays as required by business needs
Developing & Executing Marketing Strategy
Developing Programs for Generating Traffic Flow/Business
- Develop and implement strategic plans to include budget considerations, site goals, and forecasts for appropriate activities.
Maintaining, Analyzing, & Communicating Key Reports
- Coordinate with marketing operations and other site marketing programs on new initiatives to increase production in channels.
- Develop strategies and incentive programs to meet or exceed budgeted numbers.
- Identify trends when production is not meeting budget expectations and implement solutions.
Managing Relationships External to Marketing
- Use reports on individual and team production performance (e.g., Confirmations-Experiences per guest, volume-per-guest [VPG], close rate, employee satisfaction, Regional Customer Experience Report, Site Daily Flash).
Managing & Developing the Sales & Marketing Workforce
- Build and maintain relationships between sales management and the marketing department to ensure there is a clear understanding of eligibility requirements or details of participation for generating tours.
- Share marketing information and strategy with sales force.
- Build partnerships with resort operations, hotel linkage , OPC vendors, etc, where applicable.
Contributing to the Management of the Enterprise
- Prepare for and conduct team meetings.
- Measure the performance of marketing executives/team leaders against goals and hold them accountable. - Importance to My Job
- Provide one-on-one coaching and mentoring to team associates.
- Reward and recognize associate performance (e.g., way-to-go letters, personal bests, top three per channel, top VPG, attendance, special contribution, top three total packages).
- Motivate associates to increase production and performance (e.g., through contests, Special Performance Incentive Funds [SPIFs], motivational e-letters).
- Observe and identify associate areas of strength and development opportunities (e.g., through ride-alongs, shadowing, monitoring).
- Provide on-call support to associates when not on site.
- Seek and review sales and marketing best practices/publications and use this information to train/coach associates to increase production.
- Conduct formal performance reviews and use this information to create individual development plans, career paths, and promotion development plans.
- Manage associate performance, developing performance plans for associates below expectation (progressive discipline).
- Identify and respond to the needs/questions/issues (both work and non-work related) brought forth by team associates.
- Mediate conflict in and between teams (e.g., within marketing teams, between marketing and sales teams).
- Monitor standard practices and develop amendments to standard practices as needed.
- Deliver and coordinate various training programs.
- Develop and review policies and procedures pertaining to work flow, lead distribution, reward, recognition, and discipline.
- Create an awareness and understanding of policies and procedures for conducting business (e.g., Flight Plans, Local Standard Operating Procedures).
- Participate in selection processes (e.g., interviewing).
- Develop compensation plans for marketing teams that maximize production.
- Understand and abide by state and federal regulations around marketing activity (e.g., state marketing matrix, national Do Not Call registry [DNC]).
- Update plans and actions to prepare for management meetings.
- Order, stock, track, and replenish all marketing collateral and supplies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. "