VMware (NYSE: VMW), the global leader in cloud infrastructure, delivers customer-proven virtualization solutions that significantly reduce IT complexity. VMware accelerates an organization’s transition to cloud computing, while preserving existing IT investments and enabling more efficient, agile service delivery without compromising control. Organizations rely on VMware, its partners and its industry-leading virtual infrastructure platform, VMware vSphere, to energize their business through IT, while saving energy—financial, human and the Earth’s. With 2009 revenues of $2 billion, VMware has more than 190,000 customers and 25,000 partners worldwide. VMware’s award-winning technology, market-leading position and culture of excellence provide our 8,200+ employees in 40+ locations worldwide with a platform for professional growth and the excitement of being an early-stage innovator.
The VMware Global Support Services (GSS) team supports over 10,000 companies running VMware servers in over 100 different countries. GSS provides time-zone optimized coverage throughout five support centers globally. The GSS team supports the entire suite of VMware products for global customers and partners and participates in developing new products and new versions of current products. GSS team members also participate in product delivery strategy, product documentation, discussion forums with customers, and expert documents publishing. A commitment to excellence and customer advocacy pervades the GSS team, and the work environment fosters intellectual stimulation through exchanges with internal and external customers. The VMware GSS team members are the “best of the best” supporting business-critical applications in a virtual infrastructure.
What's in it for you?
VMware brings together a phenomenal group of people. This includes a world-class development organization with unparalleled expertise in the system software space. The entire VMware team has created a unique business environment - one of energy, creativity, and collaboration. The atmosphere is fun, casual, and inviting, in keeping with VMware's roots as a successful entrepreneurial start up.
Engineers support over 6,000 companies running VMware servers in over 100 different countries. They support the entire suite of VMware products for global customers and partners, interfacing with them via the phone, email, and web. They resolve customer technical issues through diligent research, reproduction and troubleshooting by utilizing system administration, networking and storage skills.
- Respond to customer inquiries, primarily by telephone and e-mail
- Work flexible schedules, which may include evenings, weekends or holidays
- Resolve customer technical issues through diligent research, reproduction, and troubleshooting
- Work directly with other technical support staff, quality assurance, engineering, sales, marketing, operations, and administration to resolve problems
- Document all technical inquiries, develop and review content for knowledge base
- Help test alpha and beta products
Highly Preferred Skills
- Experience in providing Linux/UNIX and Windows technical support to customers
- Experience with trouble-shooting hardware related issues
- Experience troubleshooting 3rd party application integration
- Experience troubleshooting operating system support
- Experience in Performance troubleshooting
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong in spoken and written English
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in software and hardware
- B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, or equivalent work experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft (Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000, Windows NT, Windows 98, 95, and 3.1; MS-DOS), plus x86 platforms, devices, and networking
- Experience with VMware Workstation and / or GSX Server
- Experience with database related technology and administration (SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, etc)
- Experience troubleshooting terminal
- Experience with Servers (Dell, HP, IBM, etc)
- Experience with Server Management Software
- Experience with Domain integration / Active Directory
- Working knowledge of Novell NetWare or MacOS
- Experience with scripting and programming
- Experience with firewalls and security related issues
- Fluent in Spanish and/or Portuguese
VMware - 3 years ago
VMware, Inc.is a company providing virtualization software founded in 1998 and based in Palo Alto, California, USA. It is majority owned by...