Customer Logistics Specialist
position provides a single point of contact within the Installation Service Center (ISC) for installation. Order Management, Market Project Manager, Contract Management and Nortel Customers on material related issues and providing support for special account requirements.
Associate's degree required
Minimum of 4 (four) years of relevant experience in materials, operations, installations, logistics or related functions
Intermediate level skills with MS Word such as including styles, mail merge, tabs, tables, columns and breaks, graphics, fields, headers and footers, working with margins, page orientation, and spelling/grammar.
Intermediate level skills with MS Excel such as freezing/unfreezing panes, hiding/un-hiding data, setting print titles & page breaks, linking workbooks, creating external links, re-directing links, customizing toolbars & menus, protecting a worksheet, filtering options, and chart formatting options.
Intermediate level skills with MS PowerPoint such as working with templates, using multimedia objects and custom animations, adding interactions, and publishing completed presentations.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Expert understanding of supply chain operations process (order to delivery)
- Proven thorough familiarity with all ISC systems and tools
- 100% familiarity with all ISC processes, work instructions, systems and tools to the point of being recognized as and expert and "Go to" person
- Progressive career and knowledge of customer service/operations organizations
- Exceptional analytical and decision making skills coupled with strong customer orientation, and sense of urgency
- Interpersonal communication skills required to interface with all levels of management, various functional groups and customers
- Ability to work independently without immediate supervision
- Decision making skills must be at premium level
- Demonstrated ability to work and perform error free on a consistent basis
- Leadership skills should be displayed via example and direct interaction with peers
- Capable of assuming lead role in the absence of management
- Constant display of initiative, good judgment and decisiveness
- Always responsive to customers needs in a timely and appropriate manner
- Proven ability to work multiple areas of responsibility on demand without efficiency drop-off
- Above average presentation skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
Additional responsibilities for this position include:
Provides 5X24 coverage with emergency pager coverage on weekend and holidays
Acts as account prime for installation, OM, MPM, CM and Nortel Customers
Supports K date performance through tracking and expediting material within the operations supply chain
Communicates shortages and promise dates to installation team
Applies documented procedures and work instruction in day-to-day operations
Receives calls and collects all required information associated to IR or Service requests
Validates and analyzes IR request
Documents all requests into IQ and provides caller with IR number and other pertinent information
Loads RMA's using appropriate BaaN Company
Provides initial caller with RMA number, ship to address and schedules pick up
Tracks RMA through POD to receiving point
Checks all open and pending queries daily and coordinates hand-offs between shifts
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace.
Ryder - 16 months ago
Ryder System, Inc. is a FORTUNE® 500 provider of leading-edge transportation, logistics and supply chain management solutions. Ryder's...