Member of work team whose primary goal is measurement accuracy while ensuring appropriate utilization of the measurement data in downstream systems. Member of work team that performs increasingly complex activities related to processing and analyzing (both chart and electronic) volume and energy data for validity, accuracy, and completeness to ensure timely computation of measured gas volumes and/or energies for gas received and delivered, used in company operations, and delivered to or withdrawn from storage.
Sightline/EM/GM analysis and Audit support (detailed functions below).
- Ensures volumes and energies are available in appropriate databases in a timely manner for billing purposes and customer use.
- Support the measurement analysis functions - continuously reviews opportunities for improving volume determination procedures and computer systems to gain most efficient use of resources and reduce Lost and Unaccounted For.
- Performs data analysis of in-house gas measurement information using Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, Access databases and/or mainframe data extraction. Use information to create graphs and review trends in measurement data.
ELECTRONIC VOLUME MEASUREMENT
- Reviews measurement data for out-of-tolerance conditions and works to resolve measurement errors and pipeline leaks by notifying appropriate field personnel.
- Coordinate with the field, Customer Services, IT, producers and others on issues and inquiries.
- Communicates verbally and in writing with field and engineering personnel and external customers regarding routine and complex measurement and pipeline operational problems.
- Provides training to field personnel related to volume determination procedures. Conducts demonstrations of Sightline/EM/GM systems.
- Performs and guides others in the daily activities to ensure the flow of data through the Sightline, EM and GM systems to provide timely billing data.
- Review and resolve system warnings and errors.
- Collaborates with team members to identify systemic problems and reach economic solutions.
- Enters and verifies volume, gas quality, and equipment change data into measurement system.
- Analyze results of equipment tests and make adjustments as appropriate.
- Review date balance to ensure that stations are closed properly.
- Navigate the systems and subsystems: calculating and analyzing adjustments, configurations, history detail, field display, message log etc.
- Identify and help troubleshoot and resolve volume, gas quality, and system problems.
- Make decisions on necessity of routine and complex adjustments and their duration. Explains nature of adjustments to customers.
Reviews chart and electronic data and can distinguish between problems and operational changes.
- Fulfill routine and complex data requests for customers such as Facility Sales, Technical Services/Support, etc.
- Performs audits of electronic and chart volumes provided for billing.
- Performs audits of billing volumes transmitted by affiliated companies.
- Responds to routine and complex customer requests for volume and energy data. Prepares correspondence regarding discrepancies.
- Understands measurement procedures and analyzes problems to solve measurement issues. Accountable for seeing that a problem is followed through all departments affected.
- Analyze gas measurement data for trends and anomalies.
- Associate's Degree in Engineering Technology, Accounting or Computer Science preferred and/or two years related work experience would be considered.
- Excellent teaming skills within work team and among all teams; working together; talking with each other on daily basis; keeping team members appraised of scheduling, supporting other teams when timing constraints exist and looking beyond own work group to support the larger team.
- Ability to assess and effectively deal with conflicting situations as they arise.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and effectively communicates progress and results.
- Above average organizational skills and time management skills; must be a self-starter.
- Requires strong computer skills in Microsoft Office Applications such as Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Effective call handling and interpersonal skills needed to work with customers to address and resolve issues.
- Cooperative spirit of working together; willing to train and work with other people; leveraging own strengths and knowledge to help others succeed.
- Educates or coaches others as necessary to ensure effective implementation of projects or recommendations.
- Values, respects and leverages the diversity inherent in team members. Establishes credibility and earns respect of others. Shows openness to the needs and concerns of others.
- Represents the company effectively in communications, internally and externally and follows through on communications.
- Ability to identify problems and implement effective and efficient solutions.
- Ability to deal with issues directly and constructively. Candidly and competently presents own position on important issues.
- Must possess knowledge about gas measurement systems, the flow of data and understand field equipment and volume calculations used to test the equipment. Field equipment: RTU, Flow Computer, Chromatograph, Low cost EM verses hourly polled stations, different meter types and functions.
- Anticipates and identifies customer needs; takes immediate and independent action when needed.
- Willingly seeks new work challenges beyond own responsibilities.
- Proficient in gas measurement computer applications. Ability to run QMF queries and create/modify Microsoft Access database queries. Ability to create/modify Excel spreadsheets/graphs and Word documents.
Stand 15%; walk 15%; sit 65%; bend, stoop, lift 5%, (lifting up to 25 lbs.). Must be able to perform filing duties requiring bending, stooping and lifting. Overtime may be needed to meet deadlines. May require travel. Motor vehicle check required. This position reports to the Manager, Fuel and Measurement Management.
NiSource Inclusion & Diversity
Value inclusion within your day to day responsibilities by respecting others' perspectives/convictions, engaging others' opinions, creating a safe environment where people, ideas, and opinions are valued within your Team/Customers and external partners.
Respect and take into consideration diversity within your Team/Customers and external work partners by valuing different world views, challenges, and cultures that represent all walks of life and all backgrounds.
Treat others with respect and consideration. Actively participate in creating and contributing to a positive work environment.
NGTS Commitment to Compliance
NiSource Gas Transmission & Storage is committed to regulatory compliance. Employees are responsible for understanding and following all laws and regulations applicable to their job responsibilities.
NiSource - 2 years ago
NiSource is the main energy source for resourceful Americans living in the Midwest, the South, and New England. The company's utility...