Title: Supv, Operations Mgmt
Location: Mississippi-Madison-(PHARM DIST)
Job Number: 13002244JOB TITLE: Supv, Operations Mgmt
At Cardinal Health, we''re developing the innovative products and services that make healthcare safer and more productive. Join a growing, global company genuinely committed to making a difference for our customers and communities.
Family: Operations Management
What Operations Management contributes to Cardinal Health
Operations Management is responsible for strategic oversight and leadership direction within the Operations function
What is expected of you and others at this level in Operations for functional success
Accountabilities in this role
- Coordinates and supervises the daily activities of business support, technical or production staff in an assigned area
- Sets priorities for the team to ensure task completion; coordinates work activities with other supervisors
- Has in-depth knowledge of work processes and tools within own area
- Applies expertise to solve standard and non-standard problems within own area
- Makes decisions, often difficult and/or unpopular, by carefully weighing pros and cons and acting for the benefit of the work team; coaches/supports subordinates in their decision-making efforts
- Role models Cardinal Health''s high ethical standards and code of conduct
- Provides direction in discussing and creating development plans
- Provides input into succession planning process for own work area
- Aligns individual goals for self and others with work area/functional goals
- Builds confidence and respect of others through a positive and energizing style
- Assists work team in the achievement of goals/ commitments; achieves own goals/commitments regardless of obstacles
- Works within budgetary/ financial objectives set by manager, applying knowledge of profit drivers to work processes within own area
- Is aware of internal/external business issues
- Identifies specific opportunities for long-term change within own work team or product/service
- Builds customer relationships, interprets customer needs and assesses their business requirements
- Leverages customer knowledge to develop alternative solutions and shares key learnings with others
- Resolves day-to-day or routine problems using defined processes
- Works/brainstorms with work team and provides suggestions for solutions that contain the appropriate level of risk; ensures work team understands and supports the focus on operational excellence
- Actively builds relationships across functions/businesses that bring value to the company, encouraging the participation and perspectives of all team members, regardless of background; mentors and empowers others to achieve success
- Effectively listens to and explains difficult issues to reach shared understanding and build alignment
- The Night Shift Supervisor will be responsible for his or her teams productivity standards, ensuring proper training, cross training, and working with other shift supervisors to effectively meet daily production goals.
- The Night Shift Supervisor is accountable for ensuring his or her team has received proper safety training and is accountable for enforcing safety policies.
- The Night Shift Supervisor will be responsible for interviewing, hiring, and progressive discipline on his or her team.
- The Night Shift Supervisor will be responsible for ensuring proper compliance with all Cardinal Health policies and procedures and all local, state, and federal compliance laws.
- High school diploma required; degree preferred
- 1-2 years related supervisory experience in a related industry: Warehouse, Distribution, Supply Chain, Cross Dock, or Manufacturing.
- Strong communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
Cardinal Health - 13 months ago
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a $108 billion health care services company that improves the...