: Buckhorn Office Building
: Days/Evenings (10:30am - 7:00pm Monday-Friday)
: Full Time
Provides seamless appointment scheduling services to patients and referring physician offices by matching physician-specific scheduling guidelines with patient appointment preferences across the Geisinger Health System (GHS) using technology.
Consistently collects and maintains accurate, basic patient information relating to registration and insurance in compliance with HIPAA guidelines.
Consistently facilitates positive multi-channel communications among patients, physicians, clinical staff, outreach sites, and internal departments to serve patient and referring physician needs using advanced writing, telephone, e-mail, and internet skills.
Multi-channel communications include: telephone fax, electronic fax, e-mail, the EHR (electronic health record i.e., Geisinger Connect and My Geisinger) and the internet (i.e., Geisinger.org).
Directly accountable to Supervisor, Scheduling Services.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrates a positive, supportive, respectful and helpful attitude in interactions with all department customers (patients, physicians, visitors and other healthcare team members).
- Demonstrates respect for the rights and dignity of all patients. Provides and maintains patient privacy at all times.
- Is compliant with HIPAA guidelines and privacy practices, patient confidentiality and patient rights.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively handle the departments minimum appointment-related contacts to resolve questions or concerns from patients and/or referring physicians on a weekly basis.
- Demonstrates the ability to promote and work in a team atmosphere to manage and process all multi-channel contacts and attain common goals.
- Demonstrates a positive work attitude.
- Demonstrates a calm, professional manner. Offers and acts on constructive feedback.
- Demonstrates time management skills effectively to perform scheduling while meeting department productivity and service standards.
- Demonstrates a high level of customer service while meeting department quality performance standards.
- Demonstrates flexibility in response to unexpected changes in workload, staffing and scheduling.
- Demonstrates detailed knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, GroupWise and all other department software systems and their integration.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- High school diploma.
- College degree preferred.
- Familiarity with medical terminology preferred.
- Previous health care call center experience preferred.
- Successful completion of Advanced KAP training required within 6 weeks of employment.
GEISINGER HEALTH SYSTEM
- Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Geisinger Health System serves nearly 3 million people in Northeastern and Central Pennsylvania and has been nationally recognized for innovative practices and quality care.
A mature electronic health record connects a comprehensive network of 2 hospitals, 38 community practice sites and more than 900 Geisinger primary and specialty care physicians.
As a not-for-profit, integrated-delivery health system, Geisinger is a national model of physician-led, nurse-driven healthcare delivery. Geisinger is a leading-edge teaching institution with nearly 40 accredited residency and fellowship programs. Geisinger performs cutting-edge laboratory research at The Sigfried and JanetWeisCenter for Research.
The fourth annual Thomson Reuters 15 Top Health Systems study ranks Geisinger as one of the top 15 health systems in the United States. Geisinger was also recently named to the Becker’s Hospital Review “100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare” list for 2011.
Geisinger offers a competitive compensation package beginning day one of hire including comprehensive medical and retirement program benefits, domestic partner benefits, and more.
Geisinger Health System - 22 months ago
Geisinger Health System provides health care to a large portion of the Keystone State. The health care system serves more than 2.6 million...