If you*re interested in joining a stable, fast-growing company that encourages professional advancement, fosters teamwork and rewards ingenuity, then B/E Aerospace may be right for you. As the world's leading manufacturer of aircraft interior products and solutions, and the world's leading distributor of aerospace fasteners and consumables for the commercial, business jet, and military markets, a career at B/E Aerospace is beyond what you'd expect in a job. At B/E, we realize that our employees are one of the keys to our success. We look for individuals who share our passion to succeed and generate results. Think you have what it takes to join our team?
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Technology Director, Sales/Marketing & HR. This executive will be accountable for determining the systems capabilities required by the Sales, Marketing, and HR functions and driving the justification, selection, and deployment of these solutions. These needs can range from basic business process support to enabling capabilities that provide business differentiation and strategic advantage. This position is the link between the Information Services group and the segment Sales Leadership and the Marketing and Human Resources functional business units.
- Develops insight into the success metrics, business processes, and capability needs of these functions in order to proactively identify systems opportunities.
- Develops and maintains, in conjunction with other Technology Directors and the IT leadership, a business level application architecture roadmap. Gains support from the IT Governance Board.
- Determines and assesses potential technology solutions. Evaluates these solutions based on business process and user fit, consistency with IT architecture standards and strategy, alignment of product and B/E IT roadmap, and vendor capability and viability.
- Justifies business technology investments by building business cases that detail and quantify the expected business benefits vs. costs and risks. These business cases should address other options considered and why they were judged to be sub-optimal. Financial analyses are robust and include ROI and payback period with both cash and P&L views. Gains concurrence from business Leadership, the IT Governance Board and Application Owners
- Translates high-level business needs into comprehensive functional specifications and communicates these to delivery groups (e.g., Application Development); Manages requests for changes to the specifications
- Utilizes a working knowledge of the organization*s systems, expertise in the business area as well as in current technology advances and IT capabilities; conversant with the current and future architecture in order to assure functional specifications consistent with the technology strategic model.
- Provides oversight to the delivery of solutions to ensure that the envisioned business benefits ground the decisions made to ensure these benefits are achieved. Directs program managers, suppliers & vendors to execute projects. Coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget. * Ensures risks are managed appropriately. Effectively hands-off program to Application Ownership / Support.
- Reviews ad hoc requests from the business for application enhancements and investments and disposition these requests per the established IT demand management processes.
- Liaises with functional groups within Information Technology and internal business clients to develop short- and long-term system plans; works with IT Directors to identify resources and prioritize the plans.
- Assesses annual business and IT strategic plans and recommends changes to annual budget planning cycle
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university in IS/IT, Business Management, or Engineering
- At least eight years related experience in information technology and the function of Sales, Marketing, and HR business processes is essential.
- Experience with several supporting technologies including ERP (Order Management, Product Configurators, Quote Management, HR modules, etc.), CRM, eCommerce, and Business Intelligence and Analytics is needed.
- Requires advanced understanding of technical processes, environments, and problems and solutions as they relate to the business unit*s current and future strategies and operating environment.
Dice - 4 years ago
copy to clipboard