Meet or exceed budgeted sales objectives within a sales territory by product by model by month.
Assist the dealer on an on-going basis in the following business areas:
- Establish a sales target for each dealer that will result in meeting or exceeding the territory sales objective.
- Work with each dealer to reach agreement on the target. Assist each dealer in developing a sales and promotion plan for our products.
- Conduct detailed analysis of all markets in the territory, in the aggressive pursuit for new business opportunities for all product groups. Sign new dealers where appropriate.
- Strive to maintain an image of professionalism by promoting good relations with all dealers within a territory, thereby insuring long-term productivity of that territory.
- Utilize all human resources as provided by Yamaha in order to multiply the effectiveness of your efforts
Document all important activities using division tools to insure that all information vital to the successful operation of the division is reported to the proper department.
- Inventory control
- Proper selection and training (both sales and product) of sales staff
- Professional sales techniques and strategies
- Merchandising and display
- Advertising and Promotion
- Understanding Yamaha’s contractual dealer agreement
- Financial Services: Advise dealer of available financing programs
- Advise CFS department of pending problems or additional financial risk
Support the integrity of Yamaha’s dealer agreement:
- Travel expenses – file expense report using division systems, on a weekly basis
- Dealer visits and phone calls in lieu of visits - on a weekly basis in Sales Force.com
- Monthly report using the provided template
- Competitive information - as needed and on a monthly basis
Implement an organized plan for visits and phone calls to dealer network to provide the proper amount of support based on sound business judgment to achieve the sales objective.
Maintain the confidentiality of Yamaha’s business systems and documents.
Assist National Sales and Marketing Manager(s) in achieving the proper inventory balance.
Qualified candidate must already reside or willing to relocate within 30 days of offer to one of the following states: Memphis/Nashville or Dallas/Houston. Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
- Review all dealer documents with dealer
- Document dealer violations as per policy
- Review situation with appropriate Pro Audio & Combo Division management
- Support and implement management’s direction in regards to actions taken with the dealer.
- 4 year college degree or commensurate experience
- 7 years of sales experience in the music products industry
- Retail experience in management, purchasing, and sales
- Communication skills both written and oral
- Current knowledge of selling and marketing skills
- Good computer skills, Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, CRM
- Ability to use technology and a variety of information systems to retrieve data, and organize into well thought out reports, giving the DM the ability to spot trends, and report same to management.
Yamaha - 15 months ago
Yamaha Corporation of America (YCA) and its customers make beautiful music together. The North American arm of Japan's Yamaha...