Dell Force10 - Outside Sales Specialist III – New England Region
Dell, Inc. is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We are currently looking for an Outside Sales Specialist III to join our team in Boston, Massachusetts.
Dell has expanded its networking solutions with the acquisition of Force10 Networks, Inc., a leader in high-performance datacenter networking. Force10’s networking capabilities complement Dell’s datacenter solutions portfolio, enabling it to offer customers a broader range of enterprise offerings.
The Outside Sales Specialist III sells a limited number of the company’s specialized products and services and is called into accounts to identify and support opportunities.
- Proactively identifies and solves customer business problems by providing subject matter expertise and by using higher complexity product and services lines to create solutions.
- Manages a territory or group of accounts to ensure opportunities are identified and closed.
- Attains volume objectives.
- Refers leads beyond the scope of this job to other sellers within the organization.
- Usually assigned an overlay or shared quota.
- Deployed against qualified opportunities.
- Customarily and regularly engaged at customer/client facilities and delivers high impact presentations leveraging strong technical skills.
- Understands and communicates technology roadmaps and vision and associated technical advantages of the proposed solution.
- Recommends product and service configurations to assist with overall system design and integration.
- Anticipates how market and competitive factors will influence the selling of Dell products and services.
- Long-term vision of business/technology direction for Dell.
- Advises customers/Dell on strategic business and technology plans.
- Recognized internally and externally as a thought leader on the industry, the Dell business model and competitors.
- Effectively exercises power and influences key decisions for the benefit of Dell and the customer.
- Works effectively with functional leaders throughout the organization.
- Guided by business plans and strategy.
- Executes goals and strategy within sales area.
- Contributes to strategic decisions.
- Initiates new or revised sales procedures, programs and initiatives.
- Assesses and determines priorities within sales area.
- Structures and implements sales plans within the context of established strategy.
- Models effective team leadership.
- 10+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 5-8 years of experience focused on data center and enterprise network solutions.
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Come join us. For more information, visit us on the web at www.dell.com/careers.
Dell - 9 months ago
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...