To coordinate and monitor care of patients in the assigned clinical area.
- Administers all oral and injecting medications in the assigned clinical area. Ensures narcotics and drug supplies are available in the assigned clinical area and assures the proper security of all narcotics and controlled substances according to KP standards and applicable regulatory laws. Initiates and monitors IV therapy to therapeutic and diagnostic procedures.
- Provides ongoing assurance of functional emergency equipment and adequate emergency drug supplies. Responds to emergency situations throughout medical facility. Documents emergency situation to supervisor.
- Coordinates, implements, and evaluates patient teaching plans for areas of diabetes mellitus, hypertension, anticoagulant therapy, therapeutic diet instruction, weight control, and other areas as designated.
- Sets-up, performs, and/or assists with procedures as appropriate.
- Coordinates recovery care of patients post sedation. Ensures safety measures are instituted for all compromised patients receiving care.
- Triages walk-in patients as needed or assigned.
- Supervises patient flow and directs other clinical support staff in the delivery of patient care within the Health Care Team (HCT).Acts as a resource person to LPNs and Clinic Assistants.
- Acts as patient advocate and resolves problem within HCT. Brings unresolved issues to Clinical Coordinator's attention if unresolved within the team.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
- 1 year of current experience HMO or ambulatory setting is required.
- Experience in IV Therapy is required.
- Current RN license in appropriate jurisdiction is required.
- Current CPR certification is required
- Passed a standard medication test is required.
- Proficiency in the use of applicable computer software.
- BSN is preferred.
- ACLS is preferred.
Kaiser Permanente - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard -
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...