New York, US
A $5.3 billion company with over 28,000 employees, Pitney Bowes is a leading provider of customer communication technologies. Our software, equipment and services help businesses communicate with their customers more effectively in today’s multi-channel environment. Through our unique combination of smarter analytical tools and expertise in physical, digital and hybrid communications, we‘re helping businesses meet the many challenges of connecting with individual customers in a targeted manner. We also provide strategic outsourcing services to help organizations streamline their mail and print operations and manage critical documents.
We are currently seeking a Credit Card Supervisor – Job ID 133732. The right candidate will be an integral part of our talented team, supporting our continued growth. This position will be strategically located in Troy, NY.
This position is responsible for providing the daily leadership of the credit card operation group activities for US and Canada enterprise credit card payment and settlement transaction processing, accounts receivable reconciliation, reporting, controls and accounting. This position is also responsible for the supervision, oversight and partnership of the credit card merchant processors and accountable for Pitney Bowes meeting merchant proccessing and financial regulatory requirements and controls and PCI (Payment Card Industry) standards.
Key Accountabilities include but not limited to the following:
- Ensures the defined credit card operations policies and procedures are followed internally and recommends changes to vendor provider processes and programs to ensure the business operations and credit card operation group processing is efficient and productive and maintains internal controls.
- Makes recommendations to improve processes, efficiency and effectiveness across Pitney Bowes GAO – Global Accounting Operations, Tech Central, Customer Operations and Business Partners to ensure adherence to the financial and business objectives regarding credit card payment and acceptance procedures, merchant accounts maintenance, new merchant account onboarding, credit card compliance, processing and reporting.
- Investigate and review operational effectiveness to ensure best practicess are implemented and maintained and supervise and evaluate internal operations both on shore and offshore relative to credit card compliance and key controls
- Support defined requirements and ensure succesful implementaion of all credit card IT enabled projects,future processes, credit card file transmissions and audit/compliance issues
All interested individuals must apply online . Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace. Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
- Ensure transactional business metrics and SLA (Service Level Agreement) targets are maintained with a focus on the day-to-day activities and processing
- Complete Credit Card processing research and investigation of customer reported transaction issues, transactional systems issues or other operational issues and takes appropriate action to ensure customer accounts are reconciled and appropriate systems incidents are opened and resolution is completed
- Validate and analyze relative credit card reporting data and implement corrective actions to reduce credit card chargebacks, downgrades and credit card authorization and settlement systemic and manual processing issues in collaboration with Customer Operations and Tech Central
- Support ongoing credit card programs for applicable products, systems, gateways and processors. This includes the support of new programs and functionality and the company’s existing payment acceptance processes, procedures and guidelines for credit card acceptance.
- Monitor the accounting and reconciliation of transactions related to credit card AR and supervises receivables by ensuring coordination, monitoring and completion of daily customer credit card and bank remittance transactions processing, tie out and reconciliation.
- Maintain financial security by adhering to internal accounting controls.
- Ensure accounting ledgers are maintained and reconciled and monthly posting of account transactions is completed
- Ensure enterprise wide compliance with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) in partnership with IT on documentation and submission procedures as required by PCI standards
- Proactively work with the credit card merchant processor on productivity, quality, and compliance standards and partners with GAO funtional areas including AR and partners with customer operations and the business units on implementatationn of process improvements and changes to improve efficiency and effectiveness of credit card processing
- Analyzes performance of the portfolios and credit card processing workflow
- Identify issues, make recommendations and implement corrective actions
- Manage the reporting of benchmarks and key statistics to all stakeholders
- Comply with internal audit, external audit, and tax department reviews, processes and/or requests for information as well as Sarbanes Oxley requirements
- Support other potential integrations into the GAO umbrella
To learn more about Pitney Bowes and the many other opportunities available, please visit www.pb.com/careers
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
- Some College and/or 2+ years accounting experience which included reconciliation, cash management, payables, and/or receivables; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong technical competencies and the ability to utilize multiple systems (i.e.: SAP, IMS, LMS, Tandem, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of accounting and reconciliation
- Knowledge of credit card processing and industry standards/guidelines a plus
- Transaction processing best practices
- Basic working knowledge of multi-portfolio business processing and practices
- Proven expertise in driving efficiency and productivity and implementaiton of process improvements
- Strong computer skills, including Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to influence others outside of organization
- Strong presentation skills, good strategic, communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with off-shore and remote teams.
Pitney Bowes - 22 months ago
Pitney Bowes, a global technology company, provides shipping & mailing solutions, data management software, and location intelligence...