GENERAL SUMMARY $33,800 - $43,900
Under general direction, responsible for various security functions on the premise of DFW Airport at specified posts as determined by Department of Public Safety (DPS) management. Assigned posts may include but are not limited to Air Operations Area (AOA) gates, jail facilities, and DFW Airport's terminals and office buildings. Responsibilities include but are not limited to inspecting all vehicles attempting to enter through AOA gates and ensuring that vehicles possess a valid DFW Airport issued AOA decal and that vehicle operators possess a valid DFW Airport issued AOA badge, performing terminal and roving security patrols, monitoring the security of jail facilities, and issuing visitors clearance to enter a DFW office building. Becomes familiar with the basics of DFW Airport's Environmental Management System & Environmental Policy and implements Best Management & Good Housekeeping Practices.
- Completion of high school curriculum or equivalent.
- Two (2) years related work experience.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
- Citizenship of the United States of America.
- Possession of a valid Class C driver's license.
- Has not been convicted of a Class "B" misdemeanor within the last ten years or any offense greater than a Class "B".
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to understand, speak, read and write English proficiently.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) badge as defined by Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Regulation 1542 and DFW Airport's Airport Security Program.
- Ability to understand and adhere to the Airport Board's safety, security and fire protection policies when performing assigned work on Airport property.
- Ability to use a computer and associated programs.
- Ability to prepare and maintain records.
- Ability to take various types of reports either by telephone or in person.
- Ability to courteously communicate with the public by telephone or in person.
- Ability to comprehend and understand pertinent federal, state codes and regulations.
- Ability to receive and process information of a sensitive or confidential nature with discretion, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to complete all mandatory training.
- Ability to pass a criminal history background investigation and Security Threat Assessment.
- Ability to pass a truth verification assessment.
- Ability to pass a medical physical examination.
- Ability to pass a drug test.
- Ability to obtain a Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) Airport Identification/Access Badge (badge) within thirty (30) days of the date of employment and maintain qualification for the SIDA badge upon each renewal.
- Experience in the military, law enforcement and/or security field.
- TCLEOSE certifications.
- This is a designated safety sensitive position as defined in the Drug and Alcohol Policy of the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport Policies Manual. Applicants selected for this position will be required to pass a drug screening test prior to employment and to submit to drug screening on a random basis during the length of their employment in the safety sensitive position.