Business Area Chemistry
Shift Supervisor/Trainee - HPE1 Plant
NAFTA - 10896 12-H067
Tell a friend about this job
Shift Supervisor Trainee
Provide overall direction to Chemical Operators manufacturing a variety of specialty chemical products. Ensures compliance with all site work rules and procedures.
• Ensures a safe and healthy work environment through vigilant enforcement of all applicable laws and
regulations including Goldschmidt's EHSQ policies and procedures.
• Supervise Chemical Operators manufacturing a variety of specialty chemical products.
• Ensures compliance with all site work rules and procedures.
• Maintains productivity on assigned shift to achieve production targets.
• Communicates with Maintenance as needed to ensure necessary repairs are made on a timely basis.
• Communicate appropriate information to relief Supervisor and Production Manager as required.
• Ensures appropriate supplies of Raw Materials are available for production batches so material can be
manufactured as scheduled.
General Safety & Environmental Requirements
Accepts responsibility for his or her own safety and health. Performs assigned duties in a manner that is safe and protective of the environment and ensures the quality of our products. Follows operating procedures to ensure a safe and environmentally protective workplace. Observes and reports all incidents, quality issues and unsafe conditions. Takes an active interest in improving safety, environmental protection and product quality.
High School diploma or equivalent. 5-10 years chemical operator experience dependent on combination of operator and supervisory experience; or Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering. Proven ability to lead a group of people toward common objectives and conflict resolution skills. Knowledge of PC's and Network applications.
Evonik Industries is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee of Evonik Industries via email, the Internet or in any method without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of Evonik Industries. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Evonik Industries as a result of the referral or through other means.
It is the policy of Evonik Goldschmidt Corporation to recruit, hire, assign, train, transfer, promote, lay off and compensate employees at all levels and in all areas on the basis of merit and ability and without discrimination because of race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or because he/she is disabled veteran or a Vietnam era veteran or any other legally protected status.