Twitter represents an evolving intersection of web, mobile, and API traffic, all of which is quickly growing and results in a complex and dynamic database environment. We are looking to add to a team that is laying the groundwork for our service to scale in a cost-effective and reliable way.
You must be an experienced Database Administrator or Systems Engineer with strong MySQL skills to help us maintain one of the largest and fastest-growing MySQL installations in the world. As a DBA, you will work with other Senior and Junior DBAs, Operations Engineers, and Product Engineers to investigate problems, implement solutions, achieve efficiency gains, and automate repetitive tasks. You will have a strong work ethic, the ability to keep complex tasks organized, and an amazing attention to detail. You must not have an itchy trigger-finger.
- Three or more years of hands-on experience administrating MySQL databases, with OLTP usage patterns, in 100+ machine environments.
- Expert-level experience with master/slave replication in a complex and dynamic production environment.
- Understanding of both MyISAM and InnoDB storage engines. Deep understanding of InnoDB internals and performance quirks is a big plus.
- Solid knowledge of both standard SQL and MySQL-specific commands.
- Ability to write Bash, Perl, Python, and/or Ruby scripts for monitoring, regular maintenance, and automation of tasks.
- Knowledge of system tools such as netstat, lsof, iostat, vmstat, and others, and the ability to deploy that knowledge in production-critical investigations.
- Plus: Familiarity with systems-automation tools such as puppet.
- Plus: Experience benchmarking and evaluating database hardware and software configurations.
Here's less than 140 characters for ya: trivial texts or not, every one's all a-twitter about tweeting. Twitter operates a free...