GTRI has quickly become one of the leading high-end solutions providers and technology consulting firms in the U.S. We focus on helping clients align IT investments with business strategy, reduce costs, and bridge the technology gap with emerging technologies and their adoption. Our end-to-end consulting solutions address client needs in IT Strategy and Planning, Infrastructure, Convergence, Cyber-Security, Data Storage & Transport, Network Architecture, Systems Management, and Project Management. Our integrated IT solutions help businesses develop their technical architectures, organizations, and core business processes for competitiveness, profitability, and growth.
We have a strong commitment to our values; business integrity and strong ethical practices, complete customer satisfaction, and employee recognition & growth.
We are looking for a technologically adept individual with expertise in Cisco solutions including; Collaboration, R&S, Wireless, Network Security, and Data Center technologies. This individual would have detailed technical knowledge of GTRI’s technology product portfolio and be capable of running core Professional Services projects with little or no assistance to deliver solutions to GTRI’s customers. This candidate will act as a part of the overall engineering team, which includes taking direction from senior architects and overseeing other associate level engineers for appropriate tasks. Advanced and refined documentation, communication and presentation skills are required. In addition to solution delivery tasks this candidate would also be responsible for providing sales support within areas of expertise. All projects must be completed with relentless commitment to quality and clients.
The Network Engineer is responsible for applying GTRI's technical processes to design, deploy, diagnose, and document customer networks.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assist with developing statements of work (SOW) and Bills of Materials (BOM) for Professional Services engagements in support of GTRI’s sales organization
- Produce design documentation and as-built documentation with little or no assistance
- Deliver Professional Services relating specifically to networking solutions with little or no supervision on medium complexity projects.
- Achieve & Maintain specific vendor certifications and engineering expertise within the networking practice area
- Deliver & Document professional services engagements according to GTRI Guidelines.
- Perform network validation testing during project implementations
- Provide clear, concise, and timely communication of projects' status to customers, supervisor, and project managers
- Operate under supervision on large projects; operate independently on small projects
- Achieve professional service billing time goals while working toward continued training advancement
- May supervise associate, interns or mid-level engineers on specific projects
- Collecting, validating, and analyzing network project requirements and give recommendations.
- Creating network design & implementation documents based on client specifications.
- Configuring, installing, and testing network equipment to ensure compliance with proposed design.
- Integrating network equipment with existing client legacy equipment or other collaboration systems such as Cisco, HP, Juniper, etc.
- Identifying and evaluating opportunities to improve system effectiveness through adoption of new technologies, and techniques.
- Performing client training on installed network platforms as appropriate.
- Ability to engineer, implement, manage and troubleshoot network routing protocols including EIGRP, OSPF, BGP
- Ability to engineer, implement, manage and troubleshoot LAN technologies including spanning tree, VLAN tunneling protocol, MAC authentication and Quality of Service.
- Ability to engineer, configure, manage and troubleshoot WAN technologies including MPLS, Serial Circuits, MetroEthernet Circuits, and Fiber Circuits.
- Ability to review client-server conversations to discern communication issues over numerous application layer network protocols utilizing packet capture software.
- Ability to configure and administer network monitoring and management platforms via SNMP, CDP.
- Ability to engineer, implement, manage and troubleshoot network security platforms to include public facing applications, remote user connectivity, DMZ security, and intrusion detection.
- Fundamentally understand and troubleshoot wireless technologies and authentication types.
- Ability to mentor associate level engineers in more advanced technologies.
- Ability to create and review statements of work, engineering plans, and logical diagrams.
- At least 5 years’ experience performing network design, diagnostics, and deployment experience with top-tier network products
- At least 5 Years of experience working with one of GTRI’s Strategic Partners
- CCNP with specialization or equivalent Professional level networking specialized certification
- Ability to communicate in written or verbal form at an executive level and articulate business value of technical solutions.
- Ability to troubleshoot and escalate complex engineering problems with little or no assistance.
- Great Customer Service Skills
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Unwavering commitment to integrity and excellence
- Enjoy solving problems and can see things through to the end
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-project environment
- Ability to self-teach in a fast paced environment
- Quick Learner
- Must have previous experience working with:
- Cisco Data Center Platforms (Nexus 7000, 6000, 5000, 2000, 1000v, Catalyst 6500 and 4500 series)
- Cisco IDF/MDF Platforms (Catalyst 6500, 4500, 3750x)
- Cisco Routing Platforms (3900, 2900, 1900)
- Cisco Security Platforms (ASA 55x5x Series)
- 6 years’ experience performing network design, diagnostics, and deployment with top-tier network products
- 6 Years of experience working with one of GTRI’s Strategic Partners
- CCIE or equivalent expert level specialized certification
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related technical major is preferred
Physical/Mental Demands & Environment:
- Must be able to carry 40 lbs. of equipment
- Must be able to stand/work for four or more consecutive hours while carrying laptop during customer projects
- Must be able to travel up to 25% of the time
Education (Minimum Requirements):
- Bachelors degree technical field or 6 year’s equivalent experience
- Must be eligible to obtain a US Government security clearance.
Global Technology Resources, Inc. - 19 months ago