The Project Cost Analyst will participate in the preparation of Project Budgets, Contract Change Orders, and related documents that serve as the basis for HCRI’s contractual arrangements with external customers. The Analyst will also support: the finance department in preparing periodic reports and will participate in monthly accounting journal entries for revenue activity and other transactions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Prepare project budgets and amended budgets (Contract Change Order estimates) in response to requests from Project Managers and/or other designated staff.
2. Develop, maintain, update and distribute monthly reports related to HCRI projects.
3. Monitor project inventory to ensure that all reported time may be appropriately recorded to projects, and that project status is maintained within the automated systems.
4. Maintain regular communications with HCRI Project Managers to determine project status in relation to revenue recognition and project budgeting requirements.
5. Analyze project performance (hours worked) with the objective of further development of department-based project metrics.
6. Assist department in responding to inquiries from executives, management and Project Managers on project status.
7. Prepare and record monthly accounting journal entries for revenue activity and other transactions as required.
8. Participate in transition from current project reporting to MS Project.
9. Attend and support department and administrative meetings as assigned.
Experience: 2 – 4 years of financial analysis or project budgeting experience preferred. Excellent analytical ability, communication skills (written and oral), and knowledge of project-based accounting required. Experience with managerial and/or cost accounting, accounting methodology preferred. Must have experience using Excel. Experience with Microsoft Access and Solomon Project Accounting software strongly preferred. Experience preparing ad hoc reports required.
Preferred Experience: Previous experience with clinical trials.
Bachelors Degree in accounting or related discipline .
Harvard Clinical Research Institute - 19 months ago