The Data Specialist (DS) is responsible for the technical execution of the data conversion process to load historical HR and benefits data onto Hewitt's proprietary benefits system (the TBA System) for Hewitt's new benefits clients. The DS is responsible for the coding and testing needed to ensure quality in the data conversion process.
* Codes Informatica maps, edits, processes, and sets up conversion batch jobs according to specifications.
* Maintains documentation, including batch job comments, annotations in Informatica transformations, code versioning, and processing guide template according to standards.
* Profiles and provides analysis reports to data managers based on given specifications.
* Creates ad hoc reports for client data analysis based on specifications from data manager.
* Test Plan execution and documentation.
* Fix any issues identified via test execution.
* Executes and documents data conversion flow to load data onto TBA, including Informatica maps, batch jobs, etc.
* Reconciles data counts through each stage of the data loading process; and documents domain specific required reconciliation (e.g., DC Trial Balancing).
* Researches and resolves errors in the conversion, including edits, duplicate records, and records dropped or bypassed throughout the process.
* Configures and debugs batch jobs for each client; runs these jobs to load data to TBA.
* Executes complete post live date projects, data cleanup.
* Performs fully automated or small scale manual data cleansing.
* Utilize relevant problem-solving resources as needed.
* Escalate issues when appropriate.
Formal Education & Certification
* Bachelor's degree, preferably in a technical field, or equivalent work experience.
Knowledge & Experience
* Experience performing basic data analysis.
* Able to perform quality checking on data, including creating/executing test plans with conditional logic.
* Basic Benefits Delivery Model knowledge.
* SQL and MS Excel experience; MS Access experience preferred.
* Data Conversion / Extraction, Transformation & Loading (ETL) experience valuable, but not required.
* Informatica experience, preferred.
* Domain specific knowledge
All positions require an applicant who has accepted an offer to undergo a background check. The checks run are based on the nature of the position. Background checks may include some or all of the following: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. By applying for a position with Aon Hewitt, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background check should you be made an offer. You also understand that the offer is contingent upon successful completion of the background check and results consistent with Aon Hewitt's employment policies. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon Hewitt is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, M/F/D/V
Orlando, Florida United States
Orlando, FL United States
Aon - 17 months ago
Aon plc is a multinational corporation headquartered in London, United Kingdom, that provides risk management services, insurance and...