Build Your Future in the Shooting Sports
THE POWER OF PASSION
ATK Sporting Group is a company that proudly serves the law enforcement, military/government, international and sport shooting markets. As a manufacturer of ammunition, optics, reloading equipment and shooting accessories—as well as a leading producer of tactical gear—ATK Sporting Group meets the needs of its customers by offering technologically advanced products proven in the field. We match the passion and intensity of our customers with our unwavering dedication to products that will perform under the toughest conditions.
Located on the banks of the famous Snake River, and situated on the border of Washington state, Lewiston, Idaho is home to ATK Sporting Group’s brands CCI®, Speer® and Speer Bullets®. Since 1941, our manufacturing facility has been part of the local community; providing shooters worldwide with quality ammunition and components.
Our Lewiston, ID location is seeking a Health Nurse to add to our team. This location has a rich history in the community and has been operating for over 50 years.
The Health Nurse assists in providing a safe and healthy workplace. The Nurse will provide or direct efforts promoting employee physical and emotional health and reinforce the relationship between good health, productivity, working safely and the achievement of the company business goals.
Education and Experience
- Required: Licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN), in the state of Idaho. 3-5 years experience. Experience and or education in care/case management, preventative disease management/wellness programs, public health, clinic or hospital nursing and/or family practice. Licensed as a Practical Nurse (LPN), 10 years experience in the above identified areas.
- Experience and/or training in patient case management and emergency medical care
- Certified in Basic Life Support and First Aid.
- Provides Nursing assessment and treatment and health related counseling to ill or injured employees; provide documentation of nursing care provided; maintains patient confidentiality. Administer workers compensation benefits including on site visits of the employee, with supporting documentation of employees prove; case management of the employee’s medical treatment in collaboration with network providers and surety. File claims on behalf of the injured workers and facilitate return to work program initiatives
- Monitor ongoing business activities for un-safe activities. Provide guidance and support ergonomic initiatives. As assigned, assist the Safety Department in investigations of incidents and accidents.
- Provide support and expert knowledge with drug/alcohol testing procedures and protocol.
- Administer and support corporate wellness program. Provide support and communication encompasses physical, mental, and emotional wellness of the employee, for example, Influenza and Tetanus vaccinations, health education, counseling for employee’s emotional needs, and mental illness referral. Provide employees with information for obtaining other Vaccinations as necessary to ensure wellness on the job.
- Performs post offer physical assessments of new employees. Reports results to HR. Performs baseline hearing tests for new hires. Assists the Safety Manager with the Hearing Conservation Program.
- In collaboration with the Safety Department, develop and maintain emergency response policy and teams.
- As assigned reviews FMLA requests for approval or denial.
- When assigned acts as the supervisor of the Health Department and does other duties as assigned.
Employee will be sitting the majority of the time, with some walking and standing. Lifting objects over 10 lbs and travel are minor. Manual dexterity for extensive computer work and writing. Hearing, public speaking and vision are required.
Must communicate effectively in verbal and written formats.Reading comprehension and basic math skills are a requirement. Flexibility to effectively deal with a variety of people and situations and to handle interruptions and multiple tasks simultaneously. Quick thinking and problem solving to readily assimilate information. Ability to maintain tact, diplomacy, and highly professional manners. Initiative to effectively complete tasks with little supervision. The ability to identify and appropriate handle confidential information.
Telephone, calculator, personal computer, copy machine, fax machine and printer.
Work is done in an office environment during normal working hours, though extended hours are sometimes needed. Co-workers support, guidance and reinforcement are readily available.
Start building your future today! Please go to www.atk.com/careers and search requisition ID TS20132410-28184. Please build a profile and apply online to the position.
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical and dental, 401k, PTO, tuition reimbursement, and much more. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Enviromental Health Safety & Quality
less than 25%
Health and Safety
Years of Experience:
Nearest Major Market:
Medical, Nursing, Public Health, Therapy, Registered Nurse, Healthcare
ATK - 13 months ago
copy to clipboard
Space is not the final frontier for Alliant Techsystems (ATK), as long as its aerospace/defense offerings are paving new paths. Through four...