The Weitz Company of today descends from a small carpentry shop founded in Des Moines, Iowa in 1855. Its client-focused culture offers expertise in private and public projects, as well as specialized sectors such as alternative energy and military construction. The Company's clients and partners receive value through sustainable design and construction, Integrated Project Delivery, lean construction and Virtual Design and Construction. Weitz is employee owned and ranks as one of the top 50 largest general building contractors in the United States.
The Weitz Company is looking for an experienced Field Superintendent to be located out of our Guam region.
The Field Superintendent is responsible for the profitable supervision of a major portion of the fieldwork performed by The Weitz Company or its subcontractors. The Field Superintendent may be assigned in the lead role on a smaller project and would report to the Project Manager. However, typically a Field Superintendent reports to the Project Superintendent.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each previously stated duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability necessary to succeed as a Field Superintendent:
- Project(s) is completed without safety incidents.
- Project is completed on or ahead of schedule.
- The project team has provided a high level of customer service that was provided throughout the project(s) and client(s) have expressed desire to work with Weitz again; and expresses an interest in working with this employee again.
- Project was completed with expected level of profitability.
- Employee has exhibited the ability to learn and apply construction knowledge appropriately to assigned tasks and exhibits the ability to perform at expected performance level from project to project.
- Employee exhibits competency to supervise small, less complex projects with little or no supervision. Employee has the ability to manage at a Project Superintendent level.
- Employee has the ability to manage a small staff to include helping their employees to learn to be better builders and increasing their capability to be promoted. This includes completing annual performance evaluations for all direct reports and aligning the performance to their specific role profile.
- Employee has the ability to manage at a Project Superintendent level.
- A high school diploma is required. Some college coursework is preferred.
- Three years of project construction experience is necessary for this position.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment; proven history of leading others successfully and to teach, develop and mentor others.
- For more information and to apply please visit our careers page at www.weitz.com . When applying please send specific project experience and detailed information on how you meet the stated requirements.
BUILD IN GOOD COMPANY
The Weitz Company is an EEO/AA employer
The Weitz Company is a drug free working environment
The Weitz Company - 16 months ago