Rapid7 is looking for a Senior QA Engineer to join the engineering team in our offices in Austin, TX or El Segundo, CA. This team is focused on expanding Rapid7’s existing products and creating new product lines. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of shipping enterprise-class software to a large installed customer base and especially in launching successful v1.0 versions of new products.
Candidates must be able to quickly ramp up, learn our product suite and immediately set to transforming product stories into a functional test suite developed in Cucumber, specifically identifying key high risk quality targets. Prior experience in the security, networking and/or data analytics space is a plus. Candidates must have the ability to quickly grasp Rapid7’s current product designs, become proficient with Rapid7’s products, and become knowledgeable in company tools and technologies. This is an extremely hands-on, technical role.
Using our current suite of automation technologies, along with introducing appropriate new solutions and your creativity to build a world class test automation framework, we expect out-of-the-box thinking from candidates as with all engineers. This Senior QA Engineer is a key member of the core Engineering team and will be responsible for creating a reliable, scalable test approach for assigned product coverage, as well as contributing to the improvement of our release framework. The ideal candidate has a solid track record of day-to-day automation test development in Ruby or similar and contributing on QA strategy and risk mitigation improvement.
• Participate in sprint planning and work with the release team to identify risks in the application to be tested.
• Design, develop and refine Cucumber automation scripts and code for the automation framework
• Analyze epics being developed and create succinct script coverage as well as identify the areas for regression testing
• Develop automated regression tests to improve test suite scope
• Work to document, analyze and investigate issues found during testing and report findings to help provide solutions
• Work with development, product management, support, and other key groups to insure functional and non-functional requirements are tracked and converted into test cases for both manual and automation coverage
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills - this role will be a QA functional lead for product lines
• Comfortable in Linux and Windows system configuration in virtual environments on ESX using vCenter or similar
• Solid, demonstrable experience using a BDD/TDD test framework (Cucumber, Lettuce, Selenium, Windmill, Watir or other similar tools)
• Working knowledge of SQL and data designs
• Good understanding of web and network protocols and structures
• Experience developing test automation strategy and cross-tool APIs
• Experience in IT security and/or networking is a plus, but some understanding of IT security is expected
Rapid7 - 17 months ago
Rapid7 is the leading provider of security risk intelligence solutions. Rapid7's integrated vulnerability management and penetration testing...