We are currently looking for a Grocery Team Leader. The Grocery Team Leader leads the entire grocery team and is accountable for all department operations.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities Include:
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- Recruit, hire, develop, mentor and motivate Grocery Team Members
- Provide the grocery team with vision and direction
- Set and achieve the highest standards in retail execution
- Work with Team Members to ensure the highest quality products and service are available
- Provide our customers with legendary service
- Maximize productivity and efficiency through proper scheduling
- Achieve required sales, margin, expense and labor targets
- Maintain proper product assortment, merchandising and inventory control
- Work a minimum of one closing shift per week and one weekend day per week
- Participate in fiscal period ending inventories
- Maintain safe, clean and well-organized working and shopping environment
- Comply with all regulatory rules and regulations including HACCP, OSHA, Dept. of Labor, Weights and Measures and local food and sanitation laws.
- Complete specials projects and other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- The position requires at least 3 or more years of supervisory, managerial or leadership experience overseeing 10 or more employees in a grocery environment
- Experience successfully managing inventory, profit margins and labor budgets
- Strong demonstrated product knowledge of all grocery (non-perishable) related departments including bulk, dairy, frozen and grocery.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong customer service experience
- Strong demonstrated merchandising skills and product knowledge
- The ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
Internal Applicants must submit an Internal Application form. See your PBS for more information and to acquire this form.
- Standing and walking for extended periods of time, up to 8-10 hours.
- Bending, stooping, and climbing.
- Mental and physical dexterity.
- Unassisted heavy lifting.
- Use of box cutters.
- Use of ladders.
- Iteration of duties.
At Whole Foods Market , we empower our Team Members and Team Leaders to make their own decisions, thus creating an environment where people are treated with respect and are highly motivated to excel. We mentor Team Members through education and on-the-job experience. As a result, we are able to fill a majority of leadership roles from our existing team member base. We also recognize that there are individuals with talent outside of Whole Foods Market, and have training programs to bring those new leaders into the company.
Our Team Members represent over 50 different nations. We are people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, yet all work together to meet the needs of our customers.
We offer great benefits beginning with a full complement of medical and other traditional group health plan coverage, 401k plan, and a 20% discount at our stores. To learn more, apply your passion today.
Whole Foods Market - 2 years ago
•Austin, Texas-based Whole Foods Market (NASDAQ: WFM) is the leading natural and organic food retailer, and one of the most vibrant...