The Coordinator reports to the Senior Manager/PR Specialist. The Coordinator assists with managing and tracking company-wide public relations and marketing initiatives/programs, maintaining internal trackers and databases. The Coordinator frequently reviews press releases and marketing materials, and facilitates daily communication with respective third party public relations affiliates.
• Drafts, proofreads and edits press releases and marketing materials as necessary.
• Develops and maintains schedules with deadlines, and assists in securing media interviews with key Jamestown personnel as necessary
• Liaises regularly with Senior Manager/PR Specialist and property representatives to maintain a working knowledge of key corporate- and property-level initiatives driving public relations outreach
• Maintains ongoing relationships with third party public relations agencies, driving initiatives forward and monitoring goals
• As necessary, meets with key members of the media to disseminate information on Jamestown, its properties and its activities
• Audits, evaluates and makes recommendations based upon incoming media requests
• Audits editorial calendars for key target publications to develop leads list
• Audits relevant award opportunities on a regular basis, and creates award submissions for presentation to Senior Manager/PR Specialist
• Performs research as directed by the Senior Manager/PR Specialist.
• Maintains database(s) and/or tracking logs related to public relations functions or activities; enters data or verifies information for accuracy; updates database(s) as needed; prints reports; files or submits documents/reports to Senior Manager/PR Specialist.
• Prepares PowerPoint presentations.
• Maintains Public Relations archive.
• Conducts annual Public Relations / Media Audit.
• Distributes press clips, as necessary, on a timely basis
• Public relations budget tracking and maintenance
• Formats and types letters, memos, forms, labels, agendas, notices, reports, requests for proposals, contracts or other correspondence on a computer or typewriter and proofs correspondence and related documents.
• Responds to questions, requests, or problems or directs to appropriate person/department.
• Opens, stamps, sorts, logs and distributes mail and various documents; prepares and processes outgoing mail, mass mailings, package pickup etc.; determines appropriate routing for correspondence.
• Organizes and maintains various filing systems.
• Prepares complex, routine and non-routine reports; receives, sorts, and summarizes material for the preparation of reports; prepares work reports.
• Performs administrative support functions, including: maintaining various inventories of supplies, forms and equipment and placing orders for same; performing general housekeeping functions; and completing related functions.
• Coordinates travel arrangements and makes reservations
• Collects receipts and manages expense reporting process for Senior Manager/PR Specialist.
• Performs duties in the support of various meetings including: organizing meeting sites and scheduling meetings; organizing and maintaining documents, records and related information; preparing agendas materials; sending notifications; setting up and attending meetings; preparing reports and related documents; monitoring audiovisual equipment; and taking/transcribing notes and preparing minutes.
• Bachelors Degree; and
• Three to five years of progressively responsible experience in public relations; or,
• Any combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Jamestown, a privately-owned, well-capitalized institution, was founded in 1983 and currently owns such iconic buildings as One Times Square...