As Licensing Counsel, you will be working on complex IP transactional matters, principally including patent licenses, patent cross-licenses, settlements of patent litigation, patent pools, patent acquisitions and patent sales, but will also serve as a resource regarding licensing of non-patent intellectual property and licensing strategy, as well as IP aspects of M&A and other significant transactions. Additionally, you will be assisting in the development and dissemination of policies and procedures involving licensing and intellectual property. Some travel is expected.
You should possess a JD and US Bar membership in good standing, with a minimum of seven years of highly transferable experience licensing patent and other intellectual property rights that includes a significant proportion of patent licensing and complex agreement work, preferably within the semiconductor, computer system, mobile device and/or related software industries. (This is not a software licensing or patent prosecution position. You should have at least seven years of experience with complex deal work, including patent licensing, in these industries.) Applicants with at least 3 years of experience at a well-recognized, national law firm are preferred.
Additional qualifications include:
- Thorough understanding of intellectual property (particularly patent), licensing and contract law, and familiarity with related antitrust, bankruptcy, corporate and securities law.
- Outstanding contract drafting skills, including a demonstrated ability to successfully work with detailed contractual language related to technology, the ability to successfully communicate with technologists and technology executives to reflect their ideas in clear contractual language, and the ability to successfully negotiate and draft complex transactional documents.
- Familiarity with patent valuation methodologies.
- Significant experience in one or more of these areas is a plus: patent purchasing, patent litigation, patent pageants, developing licensing programs, and/or IP aspects of M&A (including asset acquisitions).
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work on and lead teams including both attorneys and business executives to solve complex legal issues, including successful counseling of business executives about complex legal issues and recommended solutions.
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to operate independently for most issues, with some guidance from a more experienced attorney on particularly complex issues.
Legal and Corporate Affairs offers unique opportunities to work in a variety of areas, including counsel to Intel businesses; technology and intellectual property licensing; patent prosecution; trademarks and brands; litigation, mergers, acquisitions and investing; legislative and regulatory lobbying; and corporate compliance
USA-California, Santa Clara
USA-Oregon, Hillsboro, USA-Arizona, Phoenix
Jul 25, 2013
Legal and Corporate Affairs offers unique opportunities to work in a variety of areas, including counsel to Intel businesses; technology and intellectual property licensing; patent prosecution; trademarks and brands; litigation, mergers, acquisitions and investing; legislative and regulatory lobbying; and corporate compliance.
Intel does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance. More info at WWW.INTEL.COM/JOBS.
Position of Trust
This role is a Position of Trust. Should you accept this position, you must consent to and pass an extended Background Investigation, which includes (subject to country law), extended education, SEC sanctions, and additional criminal and civil checks. For internals, this investigation may or may not be completed prior to starting the position. For additional questions, please contact your Talent Consultant.
Intel - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
There's more inside Intel than you ever imagined.
We're not just about work, we're also about fun! Join us, have fun...