Hadoop Database Administrator #145
This position will be responsible for development and support of the open source Hadoop environment, including; infrastructure planning, scaling and administration. The administrator will work closely with infrastructure, network, database, business intelligence and application teams to insure business applications are highly available and performing within agreed on service levels.
Experience and Education:
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field from four-year college or university.
- 3+ years supporting open source Linux operating systems (CENTOS, Debian, Fedora) and hardware in an enterprise environment.
- 3+ years’ experience installing, configuring Linux based systems.
- Strong scripting expertise including BASH, PHP, PERL, Java script and UNIX Shell.
- Knowledge of java virtual machines (JVM) and multithreaded processing.
- Expertise in typical system administration and programming skills such as storage capacity management, performance tuning, system dump analysis, and Tserver hardening (security).
- Demonstrated ability to apply problem analysis and resolution techniques to complex system problems
- Strong network background with a good understanding of TCP/IP, firewalls and DNS
Technology Skills and Strengths:
- Hands on experience with the Hadoop stack (MapReduce, Sqoop, Pig, Hive, Flume)
- Knowledge of NoSQL platforms
- Hands on experience with deploying and administering MySQL databases
- Ability to read, understand, and build java code
- Hands on experience with opens source monitoring tools including; Nagios and Ganglia
sologig - 15 months ago