Responsible for deploying the release of new technologies as well as the design, installation, configuration, maintenance and system integration testing performance of PC/server operating systems, related utilities and hardware.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Installs, maintains and upgrades internal computer hardware and software systems used for designing and developing company products
- Controls user access and passwords
- Proposes and implements systems enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system
- Monitors usage and performance
- Trains personnel on system usage
- Troubleshoots server, software and hardware issues
- Assists with recommending, scheduling and implementing system hardware and/or software upgrades or repairs
- Researches, evaluates and recommends software and hardware products
- Supports Web access and electronic messaging services, and maintains a secure systems environment
- Provides new hardware specifications to users based on application needs and anticipated growth
- Other related duties assigned as needed
Bachelor's degree in technical discipline or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience as required for the specific job level
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Strong experience with IBM P-Series and Blade hardware technology
ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Strong experience with AIX administration and virtualization
- Strong experience with Redhat Linux and virtualization
- Strong experience with server hardening, intrusion detection, and auditing
- Experince with HP hardware and management software
- Experience with Veritas Cluster Server and HA concepts
- Experience with VMWare ESX infrastructure a strong plus
- Experience with zLinux a plus!!!
- Skill in software installation & maintenance
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, vendors, clients and public
FIS is dedicated to complying with its obligations as an equal opportunity/ affirmative action employer. Our recruiting and hiring procedures are free of discrimination based on race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected group status as defined by law.
Network and Server Administration
US-GA-Norcross GA, US-WI-Milwaukee WI, US-AZ-Phoenix AZ, US-AR-Little Rock AR, US-IL-Chicago IL
FIS Global - 9 months ago
- 4 days ago
IT Operations Engineer
The Main Street America Group
The Main Street America Group
- 13 days ago
- 18 days ago
FIS™ is the world’s largest global provider dedicated to banking and payments technologies. With a long history deeply rooted in...