Job Description: |
The territory is Ohio and Kentucky
The Reimbursement Manager/Customer Account Manager works with the Company’s Oncology Business Unit to monitor Medicare, Medicaid and commercial insurer activities in order to develop and implement strategic plans in response to the changing reimbursement environment.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Secure and maintain favorable access for sanofi-aventis Oncology drugs in all indications, and build long-term relationships with local carriers, fiscal intermediaries, and payer influencers within a geographical area
2. Manage MAC and Commercial Payer guidelines focused on Oncology through developing and expanding relationships with carrier medical directors (CMDs), policy analysts, carrier advisory committee members (CACs), medical personnel and s-a account managers
3. Develop strategies and methodologies related to Medicaid and other public and private sector reimbursement programs
• targeted opportunities and facilitate collaborative efforts and initiatives with commercial payers
• opportunities to appropriately position Company brands with large provider groups and commercial payers utilizing developed value propositions, messaging and marketing materials or economic based tools
• policy trends among federal, state and commercial payers
5. Educate, train and support field sales teams on regional reimbursement issues that impact local market performance and provide actionable direction through business planning and communications
6. Establish working relationships with state societies and associations through facilitating change of guidelines or programs that impact reimbursement policy and raise overall clinical awareness for Company brands
7. Act as an advocate for and resource to customers and their professional organizations in the areas of reimbursement and managed care
8. Develop local provider payer advocates to support Company initiatives, communications and education of commercial payers on brand specific clinical messages and appropriate uses
9. Prepares reimbursement submissions on behalf of company’s products
10. Conducts analytic research and provides expertise on pricing/reimbursement and market access for new and existing products
4 year undergraduate degree.
5 years oncology pharmaceutical sales experience, account management, and/or district sales manger experience preferred.