LTE Performance Engineer
The LTE Performance Engineer is responsible for monitoring the RF performance and capacity of the LTE network. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide leadership and guidance to the local RF Teams.
- Monitor LTE system performance metrics daily to identify discrepancies, trend performance, and identify anomalies.
- Research and study Alcatel-Lucent technical literature to become the primary subject matter expert for LTE parameters, LTE Key Performance Indicators (KPI), LTE capacity constraints, and feature roadmaps.
- Represent NTELOS at technical exchange forums such as Alcatel-Lucent’s CDMA Engineering User Group.
- Experience with RF design tools such as Planet to use for network optimization.
- Understanding of the LTE link budget.
- Experience with network drive test data collection tools and analysis tools for LTE preferred.
- Provide Tier II support for LTE RF/BTS related performance issues.
- Prepare and present executive performance summaries to management.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or a related discipline (MSEE preferred)
- 5+ yrs in RF and/or Performance Optimization (Exp with LTE RF Optimization preferred)
- Experience trouble-shooting CDMA/EVDO performance issues (pilot pollution, call or connection drops, poor throughput, etc…)
- Excellent skill with MS Office
nTelos Inc. - 9 months ago
nTelos Wireless is a leading provider of wireless communications services to consumers and businesses in select areas of Virginia, West...